Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Grocery Shopping

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you have certain days of the week when you do your grocery shopping?  Do you go by yourself?  Or do you have to take the kids with you?

pregnant belly                         toddler girl         toddler boy

Samantha-Pregnant with Elayna          Emmalee-4yo                   Elijah-1yo

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Growing up I always went with my mom on Moday's after school to do grocery shopping.  But when I started doing it on my own with my own family we would go on Sunday's. Sometimes I get to go by myself but most of the time I have to take the kids with me.  There were also a few times when I would go on Monday's while my husband was at work.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Dh and I go grocery shopping together, usually on Tuesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamagoose831
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I usually go twice a month with my friend, she picks me up in her van and we go to costco. We put her groceries on one side in the back and mine on the other. We drive to her house and back up to the garage and she honks her horn. Her kids come out and unload her stuff and then we do the same thing at my house. We both have refrigerators and large freezers in our garages. Then we go to lunch and then to winco to finish grocery shopping. Then do the whole unloading thing again. It gets the job done, we have a great time while were at it and we aren't exhausted from it cause the kids have helped out. Its the perfect system!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friend8622
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I usually go during the week in the mornings when nobody is there!  I take my two youngest with me. 

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM

My husband does the grocery shopping, usually on Monday.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Just depends..  we don't have a specific day of the week, we just go when we have free time.  Usually all 3 of us go together but last Monday I went while DD and DH were both at school and it was so peaceful and relaxing!  I'm going to have to sneak off like that more often!  :D

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM
No specific day. Sometimes we all go .Sometimes i go alone. Other times i take one of the kids w me & spend 1on1 time together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I do my main shopping on the weekend and pickup one or two things during the week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM

My kids love when I take them out with just me and them. And get to spend a day with just mommy. I'm going to have to that more often now that there will be a new baby and I don't want the older ones to feel like they are being replaced.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

No specific day. Sometimes we all go .Sometimes i go alone. Other times i take one of the kids w me & spend 1on1 time together.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I grocery shop on Fridays.

Just depends on if I have the option to go along or not. If the option is there I take it. lol Most times I have Bella

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)