Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Kids thermometer...what brand do you use or which is best?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 20 Replies

A friend was asking me which is the best...I haven't really used the one I have...but thought I would ask to see what you ladies have...and if you like it....or which one you like best.

Thanks.

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I just bought a $5 or $6 digital therometer. It works well and has for over 2 years. Tell her to try to find one that gets the temp in a short period of time.

friend8622
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I have a forehead thermometer that was like $35.  I'm indifferent about it. 

aneela
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

thank you

Quoting psych_mom:

I just bought a $5 or $6 digital therometer. It works well and has for over 2 years. Tell her to try to find one that gets the temp in a short period of time.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:25 PM

The pediatrician and I were discussing these the other day because they wouldn't do an oral temp on my dd and the ER on Sunday. only tympanic and forehead swipe. They can be off by up to two degrees when taking a temp. My dd's temp at home was over 100 and at the ER her tympanic temp was 97.9 and her forehead temp was 99.7, at home right before leaving her oral temp was 100.2 or something like that. The pediatrician said it is always best to do an oral temp on children because it will be the closest thing to accurate.

Quoting friend8622:

psych_mom
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:25 PM

You're welcome.

Quoting aneela:

thank you

Quoting psych_mom:

friend8622
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Yeah, I know.  I just can't seem to find an oral/rectal thermometer that will give me accurate results.  That's why I'm indifferent about the thermometer that I do have because it can be a couple of degrees off, I just can't find an oral one that is even close to being accurate though.  Don't know why?

Quoting psych_mom:

The pediatrician and I were discussing these the other day because they wouldn't do an oral temp on my dd and the ER on Sunday. only tympanic and forehead swipe. They can be off by up to two degrees when taking a temp. My dd's temp at home was over 100 and at the ER her tympanic temp was 97.9 and her forehead temp was 99.7, at home right before leaving her oral temp was 100.2 or something like that. The pediatrician said it is always best to do an oral temp on children because it will be the closest thing to accurate.

Quoting friend8622:

Amy, Wife to Paul and Mother to Luke 5 years old, Ben 4 years old, and Ryan 2 year old.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Hmmm... that is strange. Let me go look at the brand that I have. I love it.

Okay, the brand is BD and it is written in bold purple letter.

Quoting friend8622:

Yeah, I know.  I just can't seem to find an oral/rectal thermometer that will give me accurate results.  That's why I'm indifferent about the thermometer that I do have because it can be a couple of degrees off, I just can't find an oral one that is even close to being accurate though.  Don't know why?

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting friend8622:

friend8622
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Thanks!  I'll have to find one!

Quoting psych_mom:

Hmmm... that is strange. Let me go look at the brand that I have. I love it.

Okay, the brand is BD and it is written in bold purple letter.

Quoting friend8622:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting friend8622:

Amy, Wife to Paul and Mother to Luke 5 years old, Ben 4 years old, and Ryan 2 year old.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I have the same..It has worked fine for me..

Quoting friend8622:

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Quoting friend8622:

we got ours at target. I love it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN