Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do you feed them? Watch them?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:51 AM
  • 48 Replies

BIRDS?? 

Today we made birdfeeders w/ pinecones, peanut butter & bird seed. We had talked about doing it for a while but this was the first time we actually got everything together to do it.

We also have a small little birdfeeder we put out as well. I think we will be adding more to our little tree in the back. The girls love feeding the birds and then watching them.

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Here are a couple of our little visitors today. We had some bluejays and finches as well but i watched them from the window and couldn't get pictures.

Not the best pic eh..but he was really pretty.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

That is a such a fun project to do. I haven't made one of those in years.  Unfortunately I try not to encourage birds around our house because we have two cats that our hunters, and our neighbor has 4 little hunters so it wouldn't be very nice to lure birds to our home.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Oh yea! We're talking bird food not kitty food! LOL

My girls had such a fun time doing these today. My youngest even thought she'd take a little taste of the bird seed. LOL

Quoting Linds2Horse:

That is a such a fun project to do. I haven't made one of those in years.  Unfortunately I try not to encourage birds around our house because we have two cats that our hunters, and our neighbor has 4 little hunters so it wouldn't be very nice to lure birds to our home.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Here are a couple of our little visitors today. We had some bluejays and finches as well but i watched them from the window and couldn't get pictures.

Oh, they are so pretty. Magpies and robins just migrated through my area within the past month.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Quoting SassyWildflower:

My girls had such a fun time doing these today. My youngest even thought she'd take a little taste of the bird seed. LOL

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Did she like it?

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Oh, they are so pretty. Magpies and robins just migrated through my area within the past month.

You know i never saw a magpie until i liveed in montana!!  So so pretty

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

LOL!! She kept trying to wipte it out of her mouth. It was pretty funny!

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Did she like it?

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

My son calls them cow birds. He thinks they have a bird mom and a bull for a dad.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Quoting SassyWildflower:

LOL!! She kept trying to wipte it out of her mouth. It was pretty funny!

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Did she like it?

Too funny!  The peanut butter probably made them stick even more to her mouth.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

My son calls them cow birds. He thinks they have a bird mom and a bull for a dad.

That is ADORABLE!!

You know there is a such thing as a cowbird?

We have them here in KY. Their sound, sounds like water dripping kinda. lOl..They sound really pretty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)