Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How do you keep your kitchen tidy?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 105 Replies
1 mom liked this

We gave 10 moms Target Up & Up Dish Packs. Read what these moms have to say and how putting these dish packs in their dishwasher left their dishes sparkling clean. 

Then, share your story/tips on how you keep your kitchen tidy.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friend8622
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I received the Target Up and Up Dish Packs last week and have been using it since then.  I use my dishwasher at least once per day so, I've used about 5 of the packets.  Before using these I used the Sun liquid dishwasher detergent or a generic brand comparable to Cascade. I have found that the Target Up and Up dish packs work great.  I haven't had any residue left on my dishes and clean much better than the products I had been using.  I do have to say, that I do pre rinse my dishes so there isn't any food particles on my dishes when I put them into the dishwasher because I'm kind of a Nazi about clean dishes and have had bad luck with food still left on dishes with putting them in without rinsing them first.  So, I can't tell you if these will work for dishes with food left on them.  The packets left my dishes nice and clean.  I think the thing I like best about these packets is that it's so simple, you just throw one in and start the dishwasher, can't get any easier than that.  My only complaint about them is when I first used them there was some blue plastic stuff from the packet still left in the dishwasher.  I only had that problem once so, it's not a big deal.  I would highly recommend these and I myself will continue to use them!  Thanks so much for letting me be a part of this influencer!  I look forward to doing more!  

Amy, Wife to Paul and Mother to Luke 5 years old, Ben 4 years old, and Ryan 2 year old.

lioness3e
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM

This post is reserved for our influencer mom 'lioness3e'

I was able to use the Target Up & Up Dishwasher tablets this morning. They are comparable to the Great value I've been using. The only difference I can tell are my glasses seem to have a better shine and the pots/pans seem cleaner. Other then those two differences I think its the same as my other detergent.

The one thing that'll make me change is if the pricing is much better then the Great Value. I've been happy as is, but if I can save a few pennies I may start using Target Up & Up brand.

Thanks CM and Target for giving me the opportunity to try this product. I will pass along the results to family, friends and anyone in the future looking for a better dish washing detergent. Great product!!!

robsgurl_23
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

This post is reserved for our influencer mom 'robsgurl_23'

I got them last week. I have been using them. I started to use them the first day I got them. I usually wait til after dinner to finsih loading the dish washer and then wash the dishes. I like the way these packs work. I plan on continuing to use them. They clean the dishes really good. The dissolve really good and you have to make sure you have dry hands when you handle them cause I made the mistake of holding one with my hand sa  little wet and the packet started to dissolve on me and a little of the powder came out...=) I have made sure to have dry hands when I use them.

connorsmommy120
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Hi,

I received my Up & Up auto dish packs last week, and having been using them since then. I've probably used 5 packs so far. I usually use Cascade packs, because they were the only thing that left my dishes actually clean. I was very impressed with the Up & Up dish packs. They got my dishes very clean with no residue left over, and they smell amazing! ;)

I always pre rinse my dishes before loading them in the dishwasher, and since my dishwasher is a little older I use the pots and pans cycle. I seem to get the best results that way.

I always hand wash my pots and pans but, decided to throw them in the dishwasher once to see how the packs would do. They did GREAT!

The only complaint I have, is that the packs are pretty big. I have a hard time closing the door to the compartment I put the pack in. I have to sort of squish it down first, and then close the door.

I will definitely be buying these, the next time I need more.

Thank you Target, and Cafemom for giving me this opportunity.

evansmommy03
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I have been using the Up and UP dishwasher packs for about a week now and I am pretty impressed.  Normally I would buy the Great Value brand powder because it was tested to be the best detergent by our local news station.  The last time I bought dish detergent I ended up with the Up and UP powder brand because we were at Target and it was convenient, I was impressed by the powder so I was excited to give these packs a try.  I am not overly obsessive about rinsing my dishes first, so some go in looking a little worse than others.  I have been surprised by the things that these packs managed to get off of the dishes.  I have had plates with dried spaghetti sauce on them go in barely rinsed and come out totally clean!  I normally add white vinegar to the rinse cycle to get my dishes clear but I haven't had to with these packs and I am loving it!  I will probably continue to purchase these as long as the price isn't too much more than the powder.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM

This post is reserved for our influencer mom 'natesmom1228'

Balancing
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM

This post is reserved for our influencer mom 'Balancing'

I received my package of Up & Up dish Packs yesterday...  Wow there were a lot in there!

First off, the box and bags of dish packs smelled great.  Nice fresh lemony scent.

I am pre-wash dishloader.  Our dishwasher does work well but old habits are hard to die and I hate finding dishes with food that is left behind and now baked on because of the dishwasher.

Normally, we use Cascade complete - liquid formula

The packs cleaned the dishes well.  I didn't feel like the dishwasher smelled as nice as the Cascade complete does.  It didn't smell off or funny but I am use to the dishwasher having a nice clean scent on the inside when it is done running the cycle.

All of my dishes came out clean and I didn't have any hard water residue.  

The square pack was a bit on the chubby side and I had to press down extra hard to get my soap door to shut all the way but it did close and did empty completely out/disolve all the way after the cycle ran.

My hands were wet when I handles the soap pack tonight so I am not sure if dissolved but the pack opened up on my fingers when I was placing it into the container holder and the granuals were stuck to my hand but came off easily when washed.

Overall, I thought they worked well.  I'll report more after the current cycle finishes.  I think we would use them again.  I have been hesitant to use any "pack" of soap because I didn't realize the pack dissolved and was concerned about all the extra wrappers, etc....

I am pleasantly surprised with this product!  I need to go to target and look at the price point as well!

UPDATE:  I am now week 2 into using these packs.  They are just messy.  If your hands are wet all - - it weakens that outer layer and the little soap beads get everywhere.  I had one little pack bust open and spill all over the floor.  On the other hand, they really do agreat job with getting everything sparkly.. if you don't mind the mess.

sarah824
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM

This post is reserved for our influencer mom 'sarah824'

I received my box last week and I must say I was shocked at how many packs they sent! Thank you so much!!

We run the dishwasher usually every other day, sometimes daily. I have used 5 of the packs since they arrived and I love them. They are so easy to use and really do a great job on the dishes. I rinse the dishes before they go in the dishwasher, but they are by no means clean when they go in. I have not noticed any residue or anything since using the Target Up & Up detergent. Up until now I have used Cascade powder and never had problems, but I am definitely willing to make the change to Target Up & Up especially if the price is lower than Cascade.

Thanks again Target and Cafemom!!

RADmomma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM

This post is reserved for our influencer mom 'RADmomma'

I was so excited to get my Up & Up dishwasher packets in the mail. I got mine a few days ago. I have used them 4 times already and I am pretty sold!!

My plates, bowls and cups come out great. My silverware comes out shiny without a film on them!!

They even got dried oatmeal out of a coffee cup!!! This was a complete shock. I used this cup as a test... this is not something my old dishwasher tabs could do.

My Tupperware (which I usually hand wash, just tossed in out of curiosity...) came out clean but not as clear as they do when I hand wash them

I am honestly suprised at how well the Up & Up packs worked.

My only complaint is that they don't fit great in my dishwasher. It tough to close the cover to the soap dispenser once the packet is in there... They are just a tad too thick. (may just be my dishwasher...its not the newest one out there)

Once I run out of these packs & my old dish tabs...I will switch full time over to the Up & Up brand!!!

Thank you so much CafeMom and Target for letting me in on this great product!!!

supergirl_mommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM

This post is reserved for our influencer mom 'supergirl_mommy'

I received my Up & Up Auto Dish Packs last Monday and have been using them this week. I typically do 1-2 loads a day epending on how many dishes /toys need cleaned. I normally use cascade tabs but after trying these tabs I have found my dishes to have more of a shine to them and find that my plates and pans get cleaner. I only have one issue as they are slightly thicker so takes a little work to get them in the depenser but after a little work they fit.
I am switching to the Target Up & Up Auto Dish Tabs I see the pros of using then outweighing the one con that I found.
Thank you CafeMom and Target for this great opportunity to be a part of this wonderful influencer program.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN