Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How do you keep your kitchen tidy?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave 10 moms Target Up & Up Dish Packs. Read what these moms have to say and how putting these dish packs in their dishwasher left their dishes sparkling clean. 

Then, share your story/tips on how you keep your kitchen tidy.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
lioness3e
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I just received my shipment of Target Up Dish packs. Currently, I use Great Value Dish Pack from Wal-mart. I'll be comparing these two brands later tonight, or tomorrow after I run my next load of dishes. I've been very happy with the Great Value brand, we'll see how Target Up holds up to the other brand. 

kimmiegiggler
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I missed this one, I was bummed!

Balancing
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I received my package of Up & Up dish Packs yesterday...  Wow there were a lot in there!

First off, the box and bags of dish packs smelled great.  Nice fresh lemony scent.

I am pre-wash dishloader.  Our dishwasher does work well but old habits are hard to die and I hate finding dishes with food that is left behind and now baked on because of the dishwasher.

Normally, we use Cascade complete - liquid formula

The packs cleaned the dishes well.  I didn't feel like the dishwasher smelled as nice as the Cascade complete does.  It didn't smell off or funny but I am use to the dishwasher having a nice clean scent on the inside when it is done running the cycle.

All of my dishes came out clean and I didn't have any hard water residue.  

The square pack was a bit on the chubby side and I had to press down extra hard to get my soap door to shut all the way but it did close and did empty completely out/disolve all the way after the cycle ran.

My hands were wet when I handles the soap pack tonight so I am not sure if dissolved but the pack opened up on my fingers when I was placing it into the container holder and the granuals were stuck to my hand but came off easily when washed.

Overall, I thought they worked well.  I'll report more after the current cycle finishes.  I think we would use them again.  I have been hesitant to use any "pack" of soap because I didn't realize the pack dissolved and was concerned about all the extra wrappers, etc....

I am pleasantly surprised with this product!  I need to go to target and look at the price point as well!

Madelaine
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Sounds like a great product!

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Interested in reading more

dusky_rose
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Sounds like a great product! I'm grateful that I have a dishwasher to use to help wash my dishes, it makes cleaning up a snap!

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

Charizma77
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Thanks for the reviews. I always read reviews before purchasing a new product.
elasmimi
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I have not used this brand, but I have used another brand of the packs, and my problem is I have to dry the soap cup really well or they stick to it and don't dissolve.

elasmimi
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I just got a sample of a laundry detergent in those packs, they must be getting really popular. They are convenient, no measuring to worry about.

ceciliam
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I keep my kitchen tidy by staying on top of it. I don't let dishes sit in the sink and build up. I keep a small portable vacuum in the kitchen that I run twice a day.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)