Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

I'm Lame..Mommy Fail.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 34 Replies

My kid just learned to ride a bike today...she is almost 8 yrs old and today i taught her how to ride w/o training wheels. 

Can your kid(s) ride a bike?

Do you know how to ride a bike?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM
My 9 and 7 year olds need to learn to ride without them. We had nowhere to teach them before, but now it is time. I think I learned when I was 5- we had a long, straight driveway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybug.Hugs
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM

My kids are 1 & 3 so no not yet..and yes I know how, I learned to ride without training wheels when I was about 5 :)

Kaci
by Kaci on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM
They learned when they were about 5 or 6 I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaci
by Kaci on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:06 PM
And ur not a failure in this as a mom.:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Soo not a fail! lOl

Mine are 3 & 4 and both ride their little bikes they have. DD will be getting a big girl bike for her Bday next month! 

I know how to ride a bike. I would love to have one now! LOL My brother and mom taught me how to ride but IDR how old i was.lOl

MrsRinehart2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

my 4 year old trys lol but shes still to afraid but thats okay we still have a little while. but from what i hear 7threw9 is about the age every one I know has tought thier kids to ride with out training wheels

lordkanarven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I was 4 or 5 when I went without training wheels but at the time my dad was still a pro cyclist. my daughter can't even walk yet so no bikes for her :)

Join me in Blues Mamas if you have a passion for music!
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM

dont feel bad...  took Bella to ride her bike (with training wheels - very small bike) and yet she didn't even get the concept of pushing the peddles :-/ she's 3.

Drew can ride with training wheels but he's scared to death he'll fall off. lol I'm hoping after this summer he'll be able to ride without them and he'll be 6.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Ds turned 6 last week and we were thinking of teaching him this weekend to ride without training wheels.  I even bought him one of those license plates with their name on it as a special treat for the occassion.  But then last night I started thinking that he only has 25 days left of Kindergarten, and then he'll be in 1st grade which seems so big kid. Ack! He's not a baby anymore.  Now I'm not so sure I want to push it.  He still looks awfully cute kamikazeeing around our driveway.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM

yes, I know how to ride a ride a bike. I learned when I was a kid and used to ride my bike to school. I went to a college in a college town and bicycles were the most popular means of transportation so I used to ride it for miles every day.  Now I just ride for exercise on the weekends. We have some good mountain biking trails around here, and that's a lot of fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)