Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How do you tackle greasy dishes, messy surfaces, and dirty hands in your kitchen?

Posted by   + Show Post

Tackling greasy dishes, messy surfaces, and dirty hands in your kitchen is a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We gave 10 CafeMom members the Lysol No-Touch Kitchen System and asked them to use it in their kitchen. With the revolutionary automatic hands-free dispenser, moms can not only wash greasy dishes and clean tough messes, but also kill bacteria on their hands as it gently cleanses them!

Tell us about your family. How do you tackle greasy dishes, messy surfaces, and dirty hands in your kitchen?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Replies (81-89):
Quantumnerd
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM
So I used the best product in the world today, it's this amazing sponge/scrubber thing. My ex had used one a while back and he was raving about it so he gave me one, which I put away under the sink. So today I had to clean my tub so I got this sponge, all you do is wet it and wring it out, NO cleaners needed, OMG you don't even have to press hard, in fact the lighter the touch the better it cleans. He wasn't kidding, I've never seen my bathtub and sink so clean since I lived here, with no cleaners. Also I had the other sponge and was cleaning those metal liners from a gas stove, they had burned food's on them and I was shocked it worked on those too, they look brand new. I'm in love with this product, they are called Redi Shine Stain Erasers...I looked them up at Walmart and there 2 for 1.29 lol. I also had this glue spot from having tile installed, it got dried up glue off my tile with no effort. It did say don't let kids or pets ingest them or play with them. Other then that I'm sold. Now for dishes I usually use Grapefruit Dawn with Oil of Olay in it.
julene1222
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM

well let me see...i use hot water..not tooo hot..of course..lol...then we stick our little hands under the nice warm water and then we put soap on our little hands and rubbbbbb them together..not too fast..just smooth and easy..then i wash real good between each little finger ...and then..i rinse them ..real goooood..i dont want nooooo soap on them ..so i rinse them a little bit longer..ooo yess thats good...then i shake them over the sink..lol and wahlah....dry them with my nice clean towel...and be sure and hang it back up...and oooya....turn off the light and leave the room....and for my dishes..i use very hot water..and liquid soap..it really works good...scrub them up a little bit..oo yeaaa...thats how we doo it...and just wipe your counters down with the nice warm scrubber...and looky..everything is sparkly clean...smiles ...what good job when you use soap and water..anytime anywhere..it always does the job..like Mr Clean..lolbig smile mini

harleylover55
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

i bought mean green from the dollar store its $2 and works great it gets everything up with no problems and works on everything

buttersworth
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM

it's very easy just to use the sink to wash hands

i have one sponge for cleaning surfaces, another for dishes that don't go in the dishwasher

grease? don't cook with too much oil but any liquid hand detergent or the dishwasher works fine

if dishes are unusually greasy, just wipe with a papertowel first

greasy plastic containers, use baking soda and water and let sit

can't get any easier unless somebody does it for you

Mommynay2
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM

That Lysol No-Touch Kitchen System looks cool. But I have a routine that after me and my kids have a meal or a snack we all wash our own dishes etc , then I wipe down the counters, stove, and I sweep and mop if needed.

KristalBeth
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM

dawn dish soap, and fantastic for the rest.

VegasMama777
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:16 PM

i have the kitchen and the bathroom units...for my husband, he loves it, but not me, i can never get it to work for me,but of caorse if i dont need it and happen to grab something thats near it, poof, i get it all over my hands..lol

TattoodMommy19
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Csdbnvdswsghj
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Csdbnvdswsghj
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)