Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

scary

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

I got a text from my mom while I was at work to call her immediatly. I did and she said "there has been an accident" she went on to tell me that while my brother and his family were visiting my parents winter home, my 3 year old niece was ran over by a golf cart.

so apprently my mom was in the drivers seat with my 5 year old nephew in her lap... when sydnee (my 3 year old niece) walked in front of the golf cart my nephew pressed down on the accelerator. because his legs were in the way, my mom was unable to press on the brake.... and they hit and then ran over my niece.... they pulled her out from under the cart (which pisses me off... they should have left her there and called 911)... and instead of calling for an ambulance they rushed her to the ER... they ended up transporting my niece to a children's hospital 1.5 hours away...

she has a 2" fracture on her skull, and some brain bruising. they observed her overnight...and get this... released her the next day!!!! isn't that amazing! because her brain didn't swell nor was there any brain bleeds or any broken bones they said she'd be fine! and even encouraged them to continue on with their vacation to Disneyland!!!!! I have never been so scared in my entire life!!! I cried so hard I broke blood vessels in my eyes...so they look horrific!!!!

I am just amazed at how resiliant kids can be!

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friend8622
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Oh my goodness!  So glad to hear she will be ok, however, I would have ended my vacation and insisted she stay in the hospital for at least another day!  

kimmiegiggler
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

The dr. said they couldn't fly home for another week... so maybe it was the best decision... she's not tall enough to do any of the big rides anyways (she was banned from anything fast or bumpy anyways!)

momtolittleones
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I am thankful she's going to be fine.

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I'm glad she is going to be ok. That must have been very scary!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:18 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Glad she will be ok,
Definitely scary though ..

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:22 AM

OMG you posted something in the Mod group and my mind went to work on guessing what happened..

I'm SO happy that she is on the mend..  Prayers for her and her family..  I can't imagine what her parents are going through at this time.,.,

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I'm glad she's ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad she's ok. This is a lesson to all of us that you g children should not be in charge of "driving" recreational vehicles. Usually nothing happens- but avoidable tragedies happen every day.
psych_mom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Glad she's going to be okay. I'm just shocked that they let her leave the hospital so soon and go to Disney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.t.e.p.h
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Oh my goodness...I can't even imagine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)