Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

I hate my neighbor!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM
  • 21 Replies

what do you do when your neighbors kid is a horrible brat and the parent wont do anything about it? My dd isn't perfect ether but at least she doesn't take everything from everybody  and beat up everyone along the way.

i don't even like to take my dd outside anymore because shes cant doing anything without being harassed.  her mother wont do anything about it but sit on the steps and tell her  "that's not nice you need to give that back" but when she doesn't the mother just lets it go and ignores it or she will tell her 10 year old to make her stop which doesn't go good ether and then 10 year old gets in trouble because she couldn't make her stop. i don't know what do anymore except not let my dd play in the apartments yard.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

How old is this child?  How old is your daughter?

kykymoomoomommy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:32 AM

both are 2  mine is 3 months older but much much smaller.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Have you tried talking to the Mom ?
Tough but you need to kwwp taking your dd outside.
Good luck with this :)

kykymoomoomommy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

if you talk to the mom she does take care of the situation for about a day or two but thats it. i try not to talk to her to much about it because i have a hard time keeping my cool and not yelling, and my husband gets very offencive

laniramommy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM
2 moms liked this
You do know this is actually normal for 2 year olds too?
I work with toddlers myself. And they dont know how to share, play together, etc. You have to guide them in their playing.
Most 3 year olds have learned it though. And some 2 year olds ofcourse are a bit faster in learning this than others.
However, not being able to share, taking toys from other kids, are things that practically all 2 year olds do, because they dont understand that its wrong, everything is still about them in their world they cant understand or keep in mind feelings of others yet.

Ofcourse a parent does need to guide this and teach their child these things.
Which is , from what i understand, why you are annoyed?
Hate is a strong word by the way. I always tell my kids " do you want that person to suffer and die the worse death ever with lots of pain?????". If the answer is no, you dont hate, you dislike! Those are two very different things.
And hate is a feeling that ruins you inside.
Nobody should ever hate.
But thats just my opinion.

Anyways i would talk to the mom ,casually when the kids play together so it doesnt get so heavy you know, and tell her youd apreciate if she could be a bit more strict to her child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taina361
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM

BUMP!

momduce56
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

hello mrs moomn how are you  well i just getting back oline a little but see your post i no just hwo yo feel abot sassy children an parent these a time just don't what need to b e don eyou see everything have charge so back to you are ever araid to say anything to the parent abuot  children i got back tmy child hood an it was i you were our neighbor you could beat m e, an  my mam , sister, aunt, unlce would get me not you hit on e an you may go to jail or you may have to fight ,so have call the police about the problem  maybe the landlord could do something ,well any way i will be praying that yoncan get it right just be careful ok

momduce56
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM

hello i just want  to what you  just about hATE I UNDRESTAND WAHT HATES OK BUT I FEEL THAT SHE WERE UPSET WHEN SAID SO  I'M JUST THAT WERR A FIRGTUE O SPEAK   YES IT DO HURT INSIDE BUT NO ONE CHILD SHOULD ANOTHER CHILD AN PLAY WITH AN  NOT GIVE IT BACK AN THEN  PARENT JUST THERE  AN MAY NOT EVEN SAY ANYTHING  OR DO ANYTHING,AN IGGY OF HER AS A ADULT ,SPEAKING TO ANOTHER,OK

kykymoomoomommy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Quoting laniramommy:

I work with toddlers myself. And they dont know how to share, play together, etc. You have to guide them in their playing.
Most 3 year olds have learned it though. And some 2 year olds ofcourse are a bit faster in learning this than others.
However, not being able to share, taking toys from other kids, are things that practically all 2 year olds do, because they dont understand that its wrong, everything is still about them in their world they cant understand or keep in mind feelings of others yet.

Hate is a strong word by the way. I always tell my kids " do you want that person to suffer and die the worse death ever with lots of pain?????". If the answer is no, you dont hate, you dislike! Those are two very different things.
Nobody should ever hate.

Anyways i would talk to the mom ,casually when the kids play together so it doesnt get so heavy you know, and tell her youd apreciate if she could be a bit more strict to her child.

i know that it is very normal for 2 year olds to do this stuff but the parents need to teach them not to and when they wont what do you do? iv talked to her and it doesn't work. i get mad because my daughter has just as much right to play outside as any other kid but cant because of this, and i wouldn't be mad about it if the parent would actually try to stop it.

kykymoomoomommy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Quoting laniramommy:

Nobody should ever hate.

i understand what you mean about hate and i did write this when i was very upset but its hard not to look at the bruses on my daughters back from being pushed off of her trycle or the ones on her shins from being kicked for standing in the wrong spot or the crapes on her knees from being pushed down for playing with her own toys and not get mad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)