Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends dad passed away!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM
  • 12 Replies

So this morning I got the phone call from my friend that her dad had passed away. MY heart is broken for her and her 4 girls and her mother..  I can't imagine going through this.,.

My friend is a little older than i am but still my heart is broken and I have a PIT in my stomach.  I'm sure she is going to be overwhelmed with flowers and food so I was thinking about sending a card to the family and then maybe giving her a gift card later or bring over food LATER (as in maybe a few weeks or even a month later)..

Does that sound cheesey??

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Sorry to hear this :(
Your idea sounds perfect & will be appreciated after the flow of people & food.
My thoughts & prayers are with them all at this tough time :(

friend8622
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I'm sorry to hear this!  And I think that's an excellent idea.  I'm sure she would appreciate it very much!

psych_mom
by Stacy on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. I think you have a great idea. Everyone is always there immediately but often a few weeks later all that support is gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I just remembered that I won a gift certificate for 10 free buritos and I think I'm going to send that to her.. She's a family of 6 and I'm sure she can order extras for the next day if she wants to..  I think that would be helpful and my husband isn't set on using it.. then she can use it later..

Quoting psych_mom:

I'm sorry to hear this. I think you have a great idea. Everyone is always there immediately but often a few weeks later all that support is gone.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I'm so sorry!

Sending her the burrito card would be very nice. 

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this.  No it doesn't sound cheesy.  It sounds thoughtful.  

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Sadly I had to break the news at preschool and the Director just called me and I'm going to send e-mails out to all the 5day parents.  We've been in school together for at least 2 years some of us longer (my son and her older daughter went to school together too so it's been about 5 years I've known her)..  Anyway, in about 2 weeks are each going to pick a day to bring her a meal.. We are starting in 2 weeks because we think that family, friends, and church might have the next 2 weeks covered.. Does this make sense??

Thanks, Amy

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I'm so sorry!

Sending her the burrito card would be very nice. 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Aw. :-( I'm sure the help whenever it's done would be wonderful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I'm sorry to hear :(

You ideas sound good. About sending a card now, giving her the gifts card after, then rotating who's going to bring her food.

It seems that after about the 3rd day of the burial people seem to disappear that were there the rest of the time.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I like your thoughts because we are thinking that about a week after the services is when they are going to NEED more help.. YAY, I'm glad someone else agrees.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I'm sorry to hear :(

You ideas sound good. About sending a card now, giving her the gifts card after, then rotating who's going to bring her food.

It seems that after about the 3rd day of the burial people seem to disappear that were there the rest of the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)