Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What would you do?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:44 AM
  • 18 Replies

So, the new house we are moving into we are going to have a playroom and a "man cave".  One of those rooms will be an extra room that has a door, the other one will actually be a sitting room/dining room.  We don't really have the desire to have a sitting room or dining room so, we decided we would either convert that into a playroom or "man cave".  I would rather have that room be the "man cave" because it's right as you enter the front door and the other room has a door on it, therefore, better for toys and the mess the toys come with.  DH thinks the sitting room/dining room should be the playroom because it's down stairs.  What do you think?  Here are pictures of each room.  The stuff in the house is not ours. lol. 

Sitting room

DIning room

Other room

Amy, Wife to Paul and Mother to Luke 5 years old, Ben 4 years old, and Ryan 2 year old.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:15 AM
With me, I would do the sitting room as the man cave area and the toy room as the room with the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Browncoat4eva
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I would rather give him his man cave away from the hub of the house, but the kids I would want out in the open where it is easier to see them and keep on top of them.

Plus it's harder to get my husband to control his mess than it is to get the kids to control theirs, lol.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Agreed

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

I would rather give him his man cave away from the hub of the house, but the kids I would want out in the open where it is easier to see them and keep on top of them.

Plus it's harder to get my husband to control his mess than it is to get the kids to control theirs, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutmeg101
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Man cave gets a door- to me.

And that looks so much like my first house, it's weird! Not exactly- but like its the same builder or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

My hubby's man cave is full of stuff that I don't want my boys to have access to.  So my vote would be the room with the door for the man cave.  Plus, isn't that the point of a man cave??  To have space away from everything for his stuff?  I wouldn't want his stuff in the man house.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I put toys in the dining/sitting area.

Man cave in room with door.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I guess my husband is just really neat compared to everyone else... He has the big screen in the livingroom and that is his space unless we have company and then he has his office nook upstairs. If I had a playroom downstairs, I would have to constantly clean it or stay on the kids to keep it clean and that isn't something that I would want to have to do.

Browncoat4eva
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

I guess my husband is just really neat compared to everyone else... He has the big screen in the livingroom and that is his space unless we have company and then he has his office nook upstairs. If I had a playroom downstairs, I would have to constantly clean it or stay on the kids to keep it clean and that isn't something that I would want to have to do.

Yeah, it's different for everyone. My husband's a clutterbug. The kids will listen to me when I tell them to clean... he doesn't and I hate to nag.

Not to mention, he wouldn't want his man cave out in the middle of everything.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

friend8622
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Thanks ladies for all of the opinions.  I think I have definitely decided that the best place for the playroom is the room with the door.  DH doesn't really care where his "man cave" is, he really just wants a place to display his sports stuff and have all of his electronics so, the big open place is the best of that!  I'll still have a couple of buckets of toys in the living room. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM

The room with the door might be better used as the play room since you can close it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)