Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you guys do for Father's Day???

Posted by   + Show Post

I have no idea what to do for my SO on Father's Day...Any ideas?? What do you usually do?? (first father's day for us)

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Last year we didn't but for about 5 years before that we tend to go camping with my parents. My hubby likes camping but it's kind of a bummer that we go with my family.  however if we were home he wouldn't do anything specific and every time I ask him he says YES to going camping..  This year we are going to VT to go camping and we are going in a hot air balloon ride.. I'm SO nervous and excited..

WesternNYmom
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I usually make breakfast for DH. Usually pancakes or french toast  with bacon, eggs, and coffee.  After we eat breakfast, I tidy up the kitchen, and then we go out an do something as a family (movies, the park, or the zoo).  Afterwards we go out for dinner (dh's choice of course) and have a nice family dinner.  My parents, grandmother, and inlaws usually join us. 

friend8622
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM

We don't usually do anything big for mother's or father's day just a dinner and that's about it. 

CDMelty
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM

He gets breakfast in bed (unless he wakes up early to golf), then he gets gifts/cards at dinner (usually steak, potato, brocolli) and for dessert he gets angel food cake. I make the cake while he vegges out in front of the TV or naps or something. Basically I try to give him a whole day off.

lauriebash
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I don't do anything for father's day. My dad passed away and my husband isn't my father. I never wanted him to do anything for me at mother's day, either. I am not his mother.

We have been married for over 20 years. We have 2 boys, now ages 19 and 16. The favorite gifts for both my husband and I were the home-made gifts from the boys when they were old enough to make something (with help).

I'm not real sure, but thinking back, on his 1st father's day, I'm thinking the baby and I woke him up and gave him a creme filled donut. The baby was 9 months old, so he had a taste of donut creme with his dad.

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:08 AM
It varies.

I typically get him something he needs but would never buy on his own. One year a leaf blower, another year a riding lawn mower. Sometimes it's something smaller like a box set of DVDs, etc.

This year I got him a Stock Car ride along - he'll ride shotgun with a real race car driver and race another driver for 5 laps. He & our 3 boys love going to the races, and we even had a race car driver show up and race down our street for my son's birthday one year, so this should be fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Father's day with SO is spent with his mom because it's her birthday. That way the family can celebrate both. 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Not much. DH isn't a big celebrater in general.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Will be leaving town that weekend planned on purpose :)

Join us at 
Time Out for You

nf1
by Nina on May. 19, 2012 at 5:47 AM
I have to work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)