Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

coloring on walls and furniture!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

how do you avoid this? do you punish them?

and how on earth do you get it off the fabric of the couches!?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimmiegiggler
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:44 PM

OMG this child thinks she is Picasso or something!

there is crayon marks everywhere! she gets timeouts or has her colors taken away... but she continues to do it when we let her have them back... she has an art station... with lots of paper, a chalk board and a white board... but this kid is drawn to the walls and the couches! ahhhhhhhh!!!!

Nutmeg101
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I take the art utensils away. Reinforce "Only on the paper". And we do art as a "supervised" activity. Must be done at the table- and they get put away (out of reach) when they are done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM

When Madison did that, I took her crayons away for awhile and let her color outside with her sidewalk chalk.  She hasn't done it since.

I will say the worst thing that she did..  when we moved in here, we had not got around to mounting our TV on the wall and somehow she found a red sharpie and colored all over the screen!!  Took me hours just to get the TV to where you could watch it without seeing a red line through someone's face.  Some of the pixilation is out too, but it's not noticable unless you're nose-to-screen with it LOL.  I don't keep sharpies in the house and have not since she started crawling.  I guess one was tucked away in a box somewhere that I wasn't aware of!!

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Mine never wrote on walls or furniture...She had tons of paper, an easel, aqua doodle..I did paint the walls of her playroom with chalk paint but she never really got into it..

Kaci
by Kaci on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM
This. Only 1 of my boys did this and only one time.

Quoting Nutmeg101:

I take the art utensils away. Reinforce "Only on the paper". And we do art as a "supervised" activity. Must be done at the table- and they get put away (out of reach) when they are done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM

WD40 will take crayon off the walls, appliances, etc

Javamama2012
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

My youngest loves to color her hands and the couch. We now only do art at the table and thank goodness for washable markers! They don't use crayons often.

drinking 

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:58 AM

i don't punish it. My youngest does it whenever she sneaks crayons from my sight. lOl.. I even take pictures of her little creations. I use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to clean up her art. lol

Ladybug.Hugs
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I keep crayons in a high shelf so they can't get them unless I allow it..My daughter found a crayon once though that I didn't realize had been left out...She colored on the wall, she's only one and was SO proud of her "artwork" all I could do was smile...It's still there on my wall...lol..

psych_mom
by Stacy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 AM
I put the crayons where they couldn't get to them and they were only allowed to use them supervised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)