Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

swing set

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM
  • 18 Replies

do you have one? what does it look like? what features does it have?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimmiegiggler
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM

we bought one yesterday!

we are pretty excited about it... but not the set up ...lol... we have to wait a few more weeks to set it up tho...

Nutmeg101
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:57 PM
We have one- Gorilla brand. Not as elaborate as that one. It took me and hubby the better part of a weekend. LEVEL GROUND is kEY!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM

We want one like that for DD.  I think she'd have a blast with it.

Believe86
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM
When we buy our house,we are definitely going to purchase one for our daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klamomma2
by Kaila on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Looks fun!!!  I bought one like this from Walmart last year, it has been great except after a few months we had a really bad storm and it ripped the top off and made it tilt.  We have fixed both but now the slightest wind or anything makes it tilt and makes the green tarp roof come off.  I would like to buy them another one this summer or next summer and plan on finding a more secure one.  ( I like yours, looks like a lot of fun where did you get it?) The set up wasn't too bad either took my dad and I a few hours.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM

we have an old school one

similar to this one only without the teetertotter on the side.

one day we will get one like the one you just bought........ one day lol

WesternNYmom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM

My kids have a  Cedar Backyard Discovery swing set, that DH and I bought for them a Walmart.  The playset has 2  blue and yellow swings, a  yellow swing bar,  blue and yellow wave slide, rock wall ladder that leads up to a small club house, and a small picinic table with attached bench. Both the club house and table are shade by a blue and yellow awning.  Not the most elaborate, but my kids love it, and it gets alot of use.

WesternNYmom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM

This looks like the one my kids have. Only ours is blue and yellow instead of green. Our toppled over in a wind storm too.  My husband and I ordered replacement parts, and put it back together.  My husband then fastend the swingset down with heavy chains and ancors (the things you use to attach the leash of a large dog too when you tie it in your yard. Not sure what  the correct name for them is). We also made sure to remove the awnings in the fall.  The set stayed put all winter, even in the heaviest winds. 

Quoting klamomma2:

Looks fun!!!  I bought one like this from Walmart last year, it has been great except after a few months we had a really bad storm and it ripped the top off and made it tilt.  We have fixed both but now the slightest wind or anything makes it tilt and makes the green tarp roof come off.  I would like to buy them another one this summer or next summer and plan on finding a more secure one.  ( I like yours, looks like a lot of fun where did you get it?) The set up wasn't too bad either took my dad and I a few hours.

klamomma2
by Kaila on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM

My kids love it too, my 1 yr old just starting climbing the ladder and sliding down gave me a heart attack the first few times he did it! I will have to get replacement parts and fix it see if it helps!!  Definitely a good idea to take off the awnings.   I would much rather fix this one than buy a bigger more expensive one that might break in a storm as well! Thanks!

Quoting WesternNYmom:

This looks like the one my kids have. Only ours is blue and yellow instead of green. Our toppled over in a wind storm too.  My husband and I ordered replacement parts, and put it back together.  My husband then fastend the swingset down with heavy chains and ancors (the things you use to attach the leash of a large dog too when you tie it in your yard. Not sure what  the correct name for them is). We also made sure to remove the awnings in the fall.  The set stayed put all winter, even in the heaviest winds. 

Quoting klamomma2:

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I don't know what brand we have, but we have one. It has two swings and a double, seesaw-like swing; monkey bars, climbing wall, ladder and slide.  I bought it off of craigslist a few years ago for a really good price.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN