Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Our first home!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:36 AM
  • 17 Replies

Alright so, Me and my SO and our daughter are finally moving out of his mothers house! I'm a young mom, will be 18 in less than a month. SO is 21. DD is 6 months, almost 7. And we thought moving out would be impossible. Renting is stupidly expensive here.. and government funded housing is kind of impossible to get approved for.

So.. thankfully, we have a family friend who is a real estate agent, and well, were buying a house! Which we found out is more affordable than renting, and our money isn't going down the drain!! plus, its OUR house. :)

Well, we looked at a few and fell in love with a cozy townhouse in our pricerange. The taxes on it were very high, but just as we went to the office to write an offer, the house got sold right from under us. Me and SO are looking at a few more promising places. One is a single family house in the county and the taxes are much cheaper. More house for our money! Ugh, please wish us luck. We NEED more space. There isn't much around here that is actually in a good area, with good schools. We want the best for DD... We have to stay for 3-5 years in order for the program that were in go through. I'm excited, worried, happy all at the same time. I hope we find our home sweet home soon <3

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Hoping it works out for you! Just know that you will find the perfect place and everything will be just right for it.

Kaci
by Kaci on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Good luck!

I think a detached single family home will be easier to sell when moving up in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Good luck.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Best wishes!! Hope it all works out!! I know how much getting out on your own means when you're starting your own little family!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Best wishes!! 

lauriebash
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Good Luck

mamacalifornia
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Good luck!

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN