Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Alright so, Me and my SO and our daughter are finally moving out of his mothers house! I'm a young mom, will be 18 in less than a month. SO is 21. DD is 6 months, almost 7. And we thought moving out would be impossible. Renting is stupidly expensive here.. and government funded housing is kind of impossible to get approved for.

So.. thankfully, we have a family friend who is a real estate agent, and well, were buying a house! Which we found out is more affordable than renting, and our money isn't going down the drain!! plus, its OUR house. :)

Well, we looked at a few and fell in love with a cozy townhouse in our pricerange. The taxes on it were very high, but just as we went to the office to write an offer, the house got sold right from under us. Me and SO are looking at a few more promising places. One is a single family house in the county and the taxes are much cheaper. More house for our money! Ugh, please wish us luck. We NEED more space. There isn't much around here that is actually in a good area, with good schools. We want the best for DD... We have to stay for 3-5 years in order for the program that were in go through. I'm excited, worried, happy all at the same time. I hope we find our home sweet home soon <3

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Replies (11-17):
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Good Luck

Aleta775
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

We are starting the house hunting process too. It is exciting and frightening all at the same time. Good luck to you and your little family.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Hoping it all works out .. good luck :)

Join us at

Time Out for You

dingysfamily
by Suzi on May. 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Praying for the best for you.  I've been to Baltimore several times & know that parts of it are not so good, parts are; I was born in DC, raised in PG County MD, but now live in VA.  Where I was raised, I wouldn't want to live there now & it was great when I was growing up!  Being a teen mom is hard enough as it is.  At least you & your SO are trying to do what is best for your family; keep up the good work.  

friend8622
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Good luck!

klamomma2
by Kaila on May. 1, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Good luck!

telecomgirl
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Wishing you the best of luck! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)