Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

living room furniture

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM
  • 47 Replies

What does your living room furniture look like?  Does it match? Is it mismatched?  Do you need new furniture?  What do you want if you do?

breastfeeding                         toddler girl         toddler boy

Samantha-always nursing Elayna          Emmalee-4yo                   Elijah-1yo

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on May. 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Since I live with my mom, I don't personally have any living room furniture of my own..When I moved back home to Virginia from California I put all our stuff in storage but I sold off our couches and most of our furniture and just left boxes in our storage unit.  So when we finally get our own place we will need some new furniture.  We can't much so it will probably be all second hand stuff and won't match but I would LOVE to have a living room set like this:

klamomma2
by Kaila on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM

My set matches, I got it back in Nov and LOVE it!  If I had bigger living room I would have bought a pattern chair to match. 

Sorry the pictures are dark they were taking with my husband's phone.

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on May. 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM

That looks really comfy!! I know where I'd be sitting most of the time if that were my furniture...In that big comfy chair!!! haha I'd probably sleep in it!

Quoting klamomma2:

My set matches, I got it back in Nov and LOVE it!  If I had bigger living room I would have bought a pattern chair to match. 

Sorry the pictures are dark they were taking with my husband's phone.

klamomma2
by Kaila on May. 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I like that, looks comfy!!  I had a U shaped sectional, it was very comfy but I love to change furniture, I do it like once a month or so, but I couldn't change the sectional around, and if I seperated the pieces the metal parts that they connect to showed, so I bought the couch and chair.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Since I live with my mom, I don't personally have any living room furniture of my own..When I moved back home to Virginia from California I put all our stuff in storage but I sold off our couches and most of our furniture and just left boxes in our storage unit.  So when we finally get our own place we will need some new furniture.  We can't much so it will probably be all second hand stuff and won't match but I would LOVE to have a living room set like this:

psych_mom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM

This is our livingroom furniture when we lived in the condo. It is super comfortable (it's lazyboy so it better be) but is really is kind of large for our living room. I would love to get something smaller and slip covered in cream or white- kind of like these.

We are thinking about getting slip covers made for our sofa and 2 chairs but that still doesn't help with the size.

Nutmeg101
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Our LR/ playroom has one couch and a wooden rocker. And 2 kid size wooden rockers. The couch is denim. LOL. I would take a picture- but it currently looks like a bomb went off in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I have a sectional that i got from a friend. so everything matches.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM

mismatches.

I have a brown/green sectional - when I ordered it was an olive green. when I recieved it, it was labeled "chocolate brown" and it still looks more green. lol

The walls are golden yellow. But I dont like it so thinking about changing it to a grey color.

Gma has a random blue recliner that she sits in.

My curtains are blue striped and dont match anything lol I want red curtains so bad!

Mommyof2114
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Quoting psych_mom:

This is our livingroom furniture when we lived in the condo. It is super comfortable (it's lazyboy so it better be) but is really is kind of large for our living room. I would love to get something smaller and slip covered in cream or white- kind of like these.

We are thinking about getting slip covers made for our sofa and 2 chairs but that still doesn't help with the size.

The white couches remind me of pottery barn. They have a awesome white down couch. I love it
Mommyof2114
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Everything matches and is not to old. I love it we got it from havertys
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)