Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What does your living room furniture look like?  Does it match? Is it mismatched?  Do you need new furniture?  What do you want if you do?

breastfeeding                         toddler girl         toddler boy

Samantha-always nursing Elayna          Emmalee-4yo                   Elijah-1yo

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
emilyrosenj
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Our living is nice, we have light green walls and a lighter green carpet.  We have one couch that is a mid range brown and a recliner that is not part of a set but they match.  Our couch is not that old but my husband has pretty much ruined it by sleeping on it so I'm not happy about that.  I used all my money to buy it and the carpet. 

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

This is our livingroom furniture when we lived in the condo. It is super comfortable (it's lazyboy so it better be) but is really is kind of large for our living room. I would love to get something smaller and slip covered in cream or white- kind of like these.

We are thinking about getting slip covers made for our sofa and 2 chairs but that still doesn't help with the size.

I love the pics..I'm not brave enough to do white sofas( i can handle white walls)..They would get dirty so fast, even though you can easily throw them in the wash..I know i would be washing every other day..Maybe when the kid is older i'll try- for now dark demin and leather sem to hide the stains well...LOL!!

ForeverMommy08
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM

We have 2 couches (the same exact couch) that are brown and a big chair and a half that matches it exactly. We bought one last year and one this year but we are getting ready to buy a big beautiful sectional that will work wonderfully in our new living room!! I am so excited it has a leather look to it but it is fabric and has little "side table like" pieces in between the sections with cupholders and cubbies and it reclines. I can't wait!!!

parker4429
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I bought a huge comfortable couch a few years ago.  It was a lighter green with a subtle paisley print and had multiple pillows on the back.  Unfortunately I also have a 18 year old son who is pushing 6 ft tall and weighs approx 260lb.  He likes to "plop" down on the furniture and has destroyed all of the springs in the bottom of the couch.  So I will not be buying any new furniture until he moves away for college.   :(

P.S.  -- love all of the pictures of the nice, clean, tidy houses  --  good job mama's

WesternNYmom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I really need new furniture. The sofa is really worn out.  The coffee table was a hand me down from my inlaws and is way to big for the livingroom.  My end tables are okay. They need to be sanded down and restained.  The only piece of furniture in my LR worth saving is the book case.  I really want an new livingroom set, but we can't afford one now.

Samjoel
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I have a brand new brown coach with a new brown coffee table but my other couch is old and white and blue striped, but it doesn't look bad even if it's unmatched..

friend8622
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM

My living room furniture is all a set, it's a brown color, just simple. 

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM
My couch and sectional are the same style/color as yours. I still need to get toss pillows for them.

Quoting klamomma2:

My set matches, I got it back in Nov and LOVE it!  If I had bigger living room I would have bought a pattern chair to match. 

Sorry the pictures are dark they were taking with my husband's phone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Ours does match,
Not too ld  .. we have a couch & lofe seat with an ugly doffee table that we must keep, LOL
It belonged to DH's MOM ;)

Join us at
Time Out for You

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Our living room and family room furniture are coordinated but the pieces aren't matchy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)