Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Garage sale??

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hey ladies, 

I was looking for some help with pricing.... we are having a yard sale this weekend and I have never had one nor do I really go to them... just to busy.  Anyway I have a TON of baby clothes that I am getting rid of and was wondering what a decent price would be.  They are mostly carters ect and not really any stains and barely worn (nb to 3-6mo).  Most were new when we got them and some were handmedowns from friends.  Do you think $1 for the full body suit/sleepers, $2 for coat/jacket & pant sets and either $.50 or $.75 for individual onsies/pants is an ok deal or should I ask more or less?  

For my clothes I'm gettting rid of I was going to say $1 for the nicer shirts ect and things that are kinda worn out like $.50.  Sound ok?

thanks for your help!!!! :)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on May. 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM

heck yeah!!! sounds good to me! I'd be all over the clothes! good luck and I hope your garage sale goes great!

psych_mom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Sounds good to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2114
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I've had yard sales before I sold baby gap, Ralph lauren etc. I always usually gave a bundled price like 7.00 for 5 or 6 pieces. Once you start the sale it's good to just see it go lol..
SassyWildflower
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Sounds good.

I'd charge a bit more for the "nicer", less used things.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I agree with Mommyof2114.

You could always try a bundle special. Like have them on the table and say "1.00 each or buy 20 for $15". Its up to you if you're trying to get rid of or if you're trying to sell for money.

From my experience though - make it a price they can't refuse and you'll sell more.

cheerio1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks so much ladies, I hadn't even thought of the bundle idea!  I'll do that for sure.  I really want to see it all go but would like to get as much for it as we can.  Honey isn't working and we are moving in a month so we need the money and we need it to go LOL  I do not want to pack it all!!! 

Kaci
by Kaci on May. 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Ditto

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

heck yeah!!! sounds good to me! I'd be all over the clothes! good luck and I hope your garage sale goes great!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Sounds perfect :)

Join us at

Time Out for You

rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Honestly I would price ALL clothes the same and then let people talk you down.. This way it's easier on you and on them.. When they walk up you can say all clothes are $1 each piece but feel free to make me some offers..  GOOD LUCK!!

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:36 AM

sounds good to me..I agree with the bundle pricing, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)