Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey ladies, 

I was looking for some help with pricing.... we are having a yard sale this weekend and I have never had one nor do I really go to them... just to busy.  Anyway I have a TON of baby clothes that I am getting rid of and was wondering what a decent price would be.  They are mostly carters ect and not really any stains and barely worn (nb to 3-6mo).  Most were new when we got them and some were handmedowns from friends.  Do you think $1 for the full body suit/sleepers, $2 for coat/jacket & pant sets and either $.50 or $.75 for individual onsies/pants is an ok deal or should I ask more or less?  

For my clothes I'm gettting rid of I was going to say $1 for the nicer shirts ect and things that are kinda worn out like $.50.  Sound ok?

thanks for your help!!!! :)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Replies (11-17):
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Sounds great! I hate pricing for garage sales! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BannerElkHogans
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM

You'll never sell anything at those prices---u can go to a really nice thrift store an pick up used/non-stained Carter's outfit's an the prices are usually are 25 to 50 cents for stuff not stained up- 10 cent for stuff thats got stains/ 50 cents to 1 dollar for blanket's- used baby items   stroller-15 to 20 bucks

baby swing 15 dollars/ bassinette's 25 dollars

I am the QUEEN of YARD/GARAGE/THRIFT/Con-Signment Store's.........everything my daughter has ever worn has come from 1 of these places an they usually had really nice stuff!    good luck with your sale!

nf1
by Nina on May. 4, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Ditto

Quoting rocamom:

Honestly I would price ALL clothes the same and then let people talk you down.. This way it's easier on you and on them.. When they walk up you can say all clothes are $1 each piece but feel free to make me some offers..  GOOD LUCK!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friend8622
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I think that's perfect pricing!  Good luck with your sale and hope you have good weather!

johnny4ever
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheerio1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Wow really?? The only place I really buy clothes (well for myself anyway) is thrift stores and I NEVER see stuff that cheap... I was in there the other day and womens shirts were averaging $5.99 a peice :( I've looked for clothes for my little guy too and usually dont find anything under $1.49 and if it is its nasty.  Maybe it just depends on where we are located.  Thanks for the input though I really appreciate it, I wish I could find stuff around here that cheap :(

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

You'll never sell anything at those prices---u can go to a really nice thrift store an pick up used/non-stained Carter's outfit's an the prices are usually are 25 to 50 cents for stuff not stained up- 10 cent for stuff thats got stains/ 50 cents to 1 dollar for blanket's- used baby items   stroller-15 to 20 bucks

baby swing 15 dollars/ bassinette's 25 dollars

I am the QUEEN of YARD/GARAGE/THRIFT/Con-Signment Store's.........everything my daughter has ever worn has come from 1 of these places an they usually had really nice stuff!    good luck with your sale!

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM
yeah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)