Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Has this ever happened to you?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm having problems with my skin. I have worn my wedding ring for almost 10 years and never had a problem..Recently my ring finger has been giving me problems- it's itchy and a little sore..I take my ring off for a few days and it clears up, put the ring back on  & i get the symptoms again..I think i'm allergic to my ring. 

Have you ever become allergic to something that previously you weren't allergic too?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Hmmm .. that makes it more difficult to pinpoint :(
Let us know when you figure it out :)

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting hugss:

Using something different on your hands maybe?
Good luck :)

I don't know...I've been using the same lotions/soaps for years w/o problems. Thanks.

Join us at

Time Out for You

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting hugss:

Hmmm .. that makes it more difficult to pinpoint :(
Let us know when you figure it out :)

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting hugss:

Using something different on your hands maybe?
Good luck :)

I don't know...I've been using the same lotions/soaps for years w/o problems. Thanks.

I will..:)

psych_mom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Ugh, really hope it's not an allergic reaction then.

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting psych_mom:

Yes, I can no longer wear silver rings because I have the same thing happen to me. It is possible to become allergic to metals after going years without any issues. If you follow the Amy's suggestions and it still happens, then talk to your doctor and see if there is something else you can try to help with the irritation. You may have to get a back up set in a different metal. I do have a sterling silver ring that I wear on my right hand that is coated in rhodium plated (comes from the platinum family and is the same thing that they use to make yellow gold white) and that is now the only way that I can wear silver. Once the rhodium wears off, I will no longer be able to wear the ring.

this ring is platinum- I can't wear certain metals but i've never had a problem with platinum..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Weird! Good luck! That'd be a hummer if you had to stop wearing your rings!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM

That's actually my point.  I would take it to a jeweler and have it cleaned.  I know a lot of stores at the mall do it free.  When I use the home cleaner that's when I have his happen..  When I have it cleaned at the mall it clears up.. I also try to keep me rings off for a couple of days.  I have now thrown out the at home cleaner.

GOOD LUCK!!

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting rocamom:

Have you had it cleaned lately??  This happens to me when I use those home ring cleaners and when I take it to the jeweler this issues goes away..  GOOD LUCK!!

I clean it at home on a regular basis..I'll clean it again and see what happens..Thanks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BannerElkHogans
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Usually Silver does that to you

I had a silver ring with crystals in a dome design on it .....well underneather where u can see where they set the stones- well soap an water build up in their an keep the area dark,moist-so Wack- sore,itchy,red I finally tossed that ring.........i wasn't a wedding ring......thats for sure :) hope that helps

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I've taken it in as well..actually not too long ago(for cleaning , check the prongs and stone)..I will keep it off for a few days and let it clear up..

Quoting rocamom:

That's actually my point.  I would take it to a jeweler and have it cleaned.  I know a lot of stores at the mall do it free.  When I use the home cleaner that's when I have his happen..  When I have it cleaned at the mall it clears up.. I also try to keep me rings off for a couple of days.  I have now thrown out the at home cleaner.

GOOD LUCK!!

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting rocamom:

Have you had it cleaned lately??  This happens to me when I use those home ring cleaners and when I take it to the jeweler this issues goes away..  GOOD LUCK!!

I clean it at home on a regular basis..I'll clean it again and see what happens..Thanks.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Try putting some lotion on your finger and yes leave the rings off for a few days.. Hopefully this will stop happening and you can wear your rings soon..  I hate when I can't wear mine.

Quoting inmybizz:

I've taken it in as well..actually not too long ago(for cleaning , check the prongs and stone)..I will keep it off for a few days and let it clear up..

Quoting rocamom:

GOOD LUCK!!

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting rocamom:

emilyrosenj
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:45 AM

That happens do me with earrings  Hope you can get it figured out!

SassyWildflower
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:48 AM

The first wedding set Leland got me, i was allergic too. It wasn't until after the "return date" had passed that I starte having the reaction. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)