Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Has this ever happened to you?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm having problems with my skin. I have worn my wedding ring for almost 10 years and never had a problem..Recently my ring finger has been giving me problems- it's itchy and a little sore..I take my ring off for a few days and it clears up, put the ring back on  & i get the symptoms again..I think i'm allergic to my ring. 

Have you ever become allergic to something that previously you weren't allergic too?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Replies (21-26):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I've had this happen a few times. The first time it took forever for me to figure out what had happened. The area under my ring itched, and then it turned into a burn.  I put cortisone cream on it for relief but it still took a while to clear up.

The second time I had it happen it was right after I cleaned the bathtub.  I realized it was cleaner trapped underneath my ring.  I let my ring soak in water for a few hours and it was fine.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I've had this happen a few times. The first time it took forever for me to figure out what had happened. The area under my ring itched, and then it turned into a burn.  I put cortisone cream on it for relief but it still took a while to clear up.

The second time I had it happen it was right after I cleaned the bathtub.  I realized it was cleaner trapped underneath my ring.  I let my ring soak in water for a few hours and it was fine.

Thanks!! I think i have water trapped under the ring after i wash my hands, which is causing the irratation..I put some cream on it and it feels better..I'll keep the ring off for the next few days..

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Thanks!! I think i have water trapped under the ring after i wash my hands, which is causing the irratation..I put some cream on it and it feels better..I'll keep the ring off for the next few days..

It could be a miniscule amount of soap from when you wash your hands is also trapped under there.  Whatever it is, I hope it clears up and isnt' an alloy allergy.

telecomgirl
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I had that a few years ago...mine was from moisture left under the ring after washing hands, etc. I left it off until it would heal, then once it went back on I'd just pay very close attention to make sure it stayed 100% dry and it never returned. Hopefully your reason is something similar...

I hope you aren't allergic to your wedding ring :(

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Quoting telecomgirl:

I had that a few years ago...mine was from moisture left under the ring after washing hands, etc. I left it off until it would heal, then once it went back on I'd just pay very close attention to make sure it stayed 100% dry and it never returned. Hopefully your reason is something similar...

I hope you aren't allergic to your wedding ring :(

I really think this might be the problem(moisture)..I have the ring off, put some cream on it and it feels much better..

nf1
by Nina on May. 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM
I'm sorry.Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)