Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Hello Everyone.... help please!

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:46 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am a SAHM to three children... two are special needs. I have a six year old daughter in kindergarten.. she receives some special ed services, a almost five year old son with autism, he also in school full day, and a three year old daughter. I take her to playgroups.

We have a schedule for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime. The time in between is where I could use some help and weekends too.

I also need help with a cleaning schedule. I feel so overwhelmed with everything.

Any suggestions with schedules, organizing, etc. would be wonderful.

Thank you!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Does the three year old still take naps? If so, you can use that down time to clean a little. I don't have a set cleaning schedule mostly clean throughout the day and at night.  My daughter is responsible for a few things(she's 7) which helps. 

I also keep cleaning supplies in all the bathrooms-keeps me from running all over the house looking for things.  

KatieD82
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:46 AM

We have an after school routine also. Once they get home and put their stuff away, then they get snack, then they do homework. If they don't have homework, they have to read/look at a book.

I do a load of laundry every day so we don't get too much. I also sweep our floors every day. We try to keep the house clean by doing a little each day.

Our kids are 15 months, 4, almost 7, 8, and 12. They also help with picking up stuff.

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on May. 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I agree with doing stuff during nap times. Also, try finding crafts/activies to do with all your kids while they/you have some down time.  With summer coming and school letting out that could possibly help with boredom and keeping them on track for the next school year.

Quoting inmybizz:

Does the three year old still take naps? If so, you can use that down time to clean a little. I don't have a set cleaning schedule mostly clean throughout the day and at night.  My daughter is responsible for a few things(she's 7) which helps. 

I also keep cleaning supplies in all the bathrooms-keeps me from running all over the house looking for things.  

telecomgirl
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I do my cleaning when one of my kids is napping or when all 3 are in bed. It's the only way I've managed to stay somewhat on top of household chores...well that along with getting the older ones to help in cleanup, etc.

Kaci
by Kaci on May. 3, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Ditto

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I agree with doing stuff during nap times. Also, try finding crafts/activies to do with all your kids while they/you have some down time.  With summer coming and school letting out that could possibly help with boredom and keeping them on track for the next school year.

Quoting inmybizz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nf1
by Nina on May. 4, 2012 at 5:58 AM
I'm agree with you

Quoting telecomgirl:

I do my cleaning when one of my kids is napping or when all 3 are in bed. It's the only way I've managed to stay somewhat on top of household chores...well that along with getting the older ones to help in cleanup, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)