Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My neighbor just informed me he lost his bearded dragon-he's about 3ft long..He thinks last he saw it was headed towards my house..Like i don't have enough creepy wildlife hanging around my house -now, i need to be on the lookout for a big lizard.. :(

How do you lose a lizard?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
Kaci
by Kaci on May. 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Heeeheee

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I agree with Jenny. It really does sound funny.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaci
by Kaci on May. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Did he find him yet? Or did it find you? Yikes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

I can re-assure you he (the lizard) will not normally eat fish- however he might be found near the pond because they eat flying bug's that are usually found around pond's.........since ur neighbor has this lizard as a pet......im pretty sure the lizard would walk right up to a human an they are not dangerous their usually very docile .......good luck shug! i hope he finds lizard!!!

thanks for your insight..I feel a little better.. 

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Quoting Kaci:

Did he find him yet? Or did it find you? Yikes!

I've been on the lookout but no sign of him yet?

kimmiegiggler
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

omg, I would be freakin out!

kimmiegiggler
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

can't he trap it?

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quoting kimmiegiggler:

can't he trap it?

I guess he could..

CDMelty
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting CDMelty:

I have a bearded dragon and they don't have venom. Bacteria-wise there's more bacteria in a cat's mouth than a beardie's so you should be okay there too. Look for him in the direct sunlight, probably flat on a rock or sidewalk. They need heat on their belly to digest food so he'll eat bugs then lie flat on a hot rock.

Thanks for the info..I have zero experience with these animals..Are they normally aggressive?  Do they eat pond fish? I keep thinking i'm going to find him in or near my pond..

They won't eat anything bigger than the space between it's eyes, so probably it'll stick to bugs unless you have a mouse nest with babies nearby. They arenn't dangerous really, but they can run fast enough to scare the crap out of you if you see them unexpected. Otherwise, it's basically a big scaly hamster. Just put a laundry basket over it and call the owner.  I don't think it would go into the water. It's a reptile, not an amphibian.

LuvUSoMuch
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Hope it's okay. Oh, and don't go outside at night - nevevr know where it might be lurking around, lol!

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Quoting CDMelty:

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting CDMelty:

I have a bearded dragon and they don't have venom. Bacteria-wise there's more bacteria in a cat's mouth than a beardie's so you should be okay there too. Look for him in the direct sunlight, probably flat on a rock or sidewalk. They need heat on their belly to digest food so he'll eat bugs then lie flat on a hot rock.

Thanks for the info..I have zero experience with these animals..Are they normally aggressive?  Do they eat pond fish? I keep thinking i'm going to find him in or near my pond..

They won't eat anything bigger than the space between it's eyes, so probably it'll stick to bugs unless you have a mouse nest with babies nearby. They arenn't dangerous really, but they can run fast enough to scare the crap out of you if you see them unexpected. Otherwise, it's basically a big scaly hamster. Just put a laundry basket over it and call the owner.  I don't think it would go into the water. It's a reptile, not an amphibian.

Thanks!!! I feel better.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)