1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup(Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
1 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in an 11 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Top the rice mixture with the chicken. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with the cheese. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a Caesar salad. For dessert serve frozen Italian-style water ice or gelati.
- Alfredo: Substitute broccoli florets for the vegetables and substitute 1/4 cup grated Parmesan for the Cheddar cheese. Add 2 tablespoonsParmesan cheese with the soup. Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Lower Fat: Use Campbell's® 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup instead of regular soup and use low fat cheese instead of regular cheese.
- Mexican: In place of the onion powder and black pepper use 1 teaspoonchili powder. Substitute Mexican cheese blend for the Cheddar.
- Italian: In place of the onion powder and black pepper use 1 teaspoonItalian seasoning, crushed. Substitute 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan for the Cheddar.
- Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer- just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you're using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.