Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Camping...

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 29 Replies

Have you ever gone camping??  If so how was it?  If not, would you ever go?

breastfeeding                         toddler girl         toddler boy

Samantha-always nursing Elayna          Emmalee-4yo                   Elijah-1yo

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on May. 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I have never been camping in my life. I am not much on bugs and being dirty and sleeping on the ground or anything like that.  My idea of camping is staying at the crappiest run down hotel in town...lol  My hubby keeps trying to get me to go camping but I just don't know about it.  Maybe one day.

justahousewife
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM

We camp as much as we can. During the summer SO works 7 days a week with maybe 1 or 2 days off all summer so it's really hard to go camping then but we try to squeeze it in before summer shift begins and spend a lot of time out fishing/hunting/hiking even if we can't sleep in a tent.

friend8622
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I used to go camping all the time when I was a kid, I loved it.  I would really like to take the kids camping, however, dh isn't an outdoorsy person. lol.  So, the only kind of camping we will be able to do is in a cabin. lol. 

dingysfamily
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM

We love to go camping ... but we don't camp in tents, did that once & not for us.  We had a good time, but it poured down rain & we decided we were going to have a camper by the following summer ... & we did.  We had reservations at a campground in Hershey, PA & 2 weeks before we were to go we got our 1st pop-up camper!!! It was a used one, but it was in very good condition & really a big one; just what we needed since we had 2 teens & a 10 year old at the time! We are now on our 2nd camper, a smaller one that we bought new a few years ago & we don't need as large a one now.  We do hope to trade back up in a couple years to an RV that you drive, but that is a dream that may not happen.  Two of our fav places to go camping are Gettysburg PA & Williamsburg VA.  Here's our camper:

SassyWildflower
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Shoot yes. That's how we spend a lot of our time growin up. camping, hiking, fishing..lol.. Can't wait to take my girls to do the same things! 

Camping is great. Nothing like it! & i mean REAL camping..None of this RV stuff. lOl..Pitch a tent, build a fire, cook on it kinda camping. We always did "primitive" camping. no bathrooms, no showers. Find ya a good rock a let'er go! LOL

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Yup I love camping :)

I haven't been in years though so we're hoping this year we get to (we've got it planned now just to wait and see if it actually happens).

rocamom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM

We tent camp and we go often in the SUMMER.. WE LOVE IT!!! 

Emmy217
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM
We love camping. We always use a tent but we keep talking about buying just a little tiny pop up camper. The only time I don't like the tent is when it rains. Also, by the time er pack the tent an all camping supplies in the car, we don't have much room (especially for our dog) it would be nice to pack most stuff right in the camper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bayoumama1981
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Quoting dingysfamily:

We love to go camping ... but we don't camp in tents, did that once & not for us.  We had a good time, but it poured down rain & we decided we were going to have a camper by the following summer ... & we did.  We had reservations at a campground in Hershey, PA & 2 weeks before we were to go we got our 1st pop-up camper!!! It was a used one, but it was in very good condition & really a big one; just what we needed since we had 2 teens & a 10 year old at the time! We are now on our 2nd camper, a smaller one that we bought new a few years ago & we don't need as large a one now.  We do hope to trade back up in a couple years to an RV that you drive, but that is a dream that may not happen.  Two of our fav places to go camping are Gettysburg PA & Williamsburg VA.  Here's our camper:

Our first camper as a kid was apop up! My greatest memories were in that old pop up!! Now my hubby and i have a 32 ft 5th wheel.  Def. no wheres near roughing in a tent or traditional camping like most ppl think... lol

Della03
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I grew up going camping almost every weekend. We had a camper for years, until my parents divorced when I was 15. Then my dh and I went camping for out honeymoon in a TENT! We had a blast :) Its a great way to spend time as a family without all the tv commotion and gadgits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN