Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 h + 56 minutes. That's how long Ive been on the phone with them.   My receiver hasn't been working right for a while, but was liveable. Last week the favorite channel feature went out so we had to scroll through eveyr channel to find what we want to watch.  Today I had enough and reset the box and lost most of my channels. I reset the box twice and it didn't help. I called their customer service department, who did it two more times before concluding that I need a new box. He put me on hold to set up an appt. I waited. And waited, and waited. I hung up and called back.  They picked up and then dropped my call. I called back a 3rd time. Agent wanted to troubleshoot. Again!  So after 2 hrs I finally got an appt....and I'm going to start looking for an alternative tv source.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (11-19):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Quoting heyma4:

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with Directv. I've been with them for about 4 years now and couldn't be happier. They will work with you, and if you tell them about the issues you've had for an extended amount of time, they will credit your account for that time. I have had receivers break on me, and while it can be a pain to be on hold, they've always made up for it.

Good luck.

I've been a customer for 16 years and they used to have good service. Keeping me on hold for 20 minutes so the customer service rep can switch screens is inexcusable. They are more interested in new customers than customer retention so I'm switching to a new provider tomorrow morning.
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Quoting friend8622:

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience with Directv, we've had directv for almost 7 years and love it.  We love their customer service, it's soooo much better than dishnetwork and we seem to always get credits on our bill for something. 

I asked for a credit since we don't have the service we pay for and they said no. I also asked for an new box so we could have On Demand and record in one room / watch in another features. They said a new box would be $499 even though they offer it free to new customers. I've been with them for 16 years and this is the first major problem we've had with them but it was a bad enough experience that I'll take my $1200 per year elsewhere.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
18 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Good to know abou tthem,
Sorry you have had such problems though :(

friend8622
by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Wow, that is terrible!  I'm so sorry!

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting friend8622:

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience with Directv, we've had directv for almost 7 years and love it.  We love their customer service, it's soooo much better than dishnetwork and we seem to always get credits on our bill for something. 

I asked for a credit since we don't have the service we pay for and they said no. I also asked for an new box so we could have On Demand and record in one room / watch in another features. They said a new box would be $499 even though they offer it free to new customers. I've been with them for 16 years and this is the first major problem we've had with them but it was a bad enough experience that I'll take my $1200 per year elsewhere.

Amy, Wife to Paul and Mother to Luke 5 years old, Ben 4 years old, and Ryan 2 year old.

MommaLis5
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM

After the first time the call gets dropped call back and as soon as you get a rep demand to speak with a supervisor.  Same goes if you are on hold for over 15 minutes.  I deal with Direct TV on a weekly basis for some reason or other since we switch.  Hate them.

--Insanity is hereditary.  You get it from your children.family in the van

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Quoting MommaLis5:

After the first time the call gets dropped call back and as soon as you get a rep demand to speak with a supervisor.  Same goes if you are on hold for over 15 minutes.  I deal with Direct TV on a weekly basis for some reason or other since we switch.  Hate them.

Oh no, why are you having so many problems?

kimmiegiggler
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM

we love them!

Uhura
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I hate them and I don't even have an account, nor will I ever with them.

Periodically they keep calling our house and sending letters about a bill. No one in this house has had anything but cable. If it's not that, it's advertisements.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

nf1
by Nina on May. 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I hate that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)