Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Justin Bieber's New High School Diploma Doesn't Make Him Smart

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

Justin Bieber's New High School Diploma Doesn't Make Him Smart

Posted by Maressa Brown on May 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM

justin bieberJustin Bieber may be the envy of all teens for his fame and fortune, but that doesn't mean he didn't have to graduate high school like other 18-year-olds. The Biebs recently admitted that he had to do the work just like his peers ... er, sort of. When he recently told the U.K. paper the Daily Telegraph that he "just finished high school," he elaborated, "I passed my test - I'm free! It was hard doing school and work every day." One test? Hmm.

But, okay, fair enough. Being Justin Bieber is tough. An after-school job at the local grocery store is one thing, but traveling the globe as a pop star -- quite another. Still, I'm not all that sympathetic for Bieber after reading his other comments about his "education."

He continued:

[Graduating] was something my mom really wanted me to do, so I had to do it for her. I mean, this kind of lifestyle has given me a different perspective on life. I've been able to travel the world. At school, usually you have to do a lot of writing and reading. I'm really not into that stuff. I like to be out there.

Excuse me? "I'm not really into that stuff"?? As in, learning? Getting an education? Figuring out how to be literate? Oh, how I fear for the young minds that should dare read into this kid's careless, moronic remarks!

I get that not every kid is the editor of their school newspaper/literary geek that I was. Some really have absolutely no desire to be in the classroom, enduring the "snooze-fest" that is writing and reading. But most kids aren't Justin Bieber. They don't have the opportunity to live the lifestyle that has given him his "different perspective on life." They can't "be out there" doing what they love until they have their diploma in hand -- be that their high school diploma, Bachelor's, Masters, or beyond.

Justin Bieber isn't living in the real world, and maybe he was never even introduced to what reality is like for most of his peers. Still, he better realize that he would be nothing without his fans, so to say something so completely empty-headed about school is beyond irresponsible. It's downright clueless. 

Because, whether he likes it or not, Biebs is a role model for masses of tweens and teens. If he's going to make a mindless remark about his disdain for school, at the very least, he needs to qualify it by explaining that his "lifestyle" opportunities are 180 degrees different from most kids'. That he thinks most kids shouldn't and can't so easily dismiss their studies. Especially if they aspire to do more than just make (cough rip-off) pop tracks and music videos.

What do you think about Bieber's dismissive attitude?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jukebox_Jenny
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I think you don't need to sit in a classroom reading and writing to learn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope he doesn't fall of that throne he's put himself on. He may need more education some day to work outside of the industry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

I agree!!

As much as he tries or other try to make him into just some regular high school-er, he's not. His education was modified to fit him and his lifestyle..I think it's great he got his Diploma- i think that sends a good message to his fans..He's worth Bazillions and it was still important for him(family) to graduate..

Jukebox_Jenny
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Yes ma'am! I agree.

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

I agree!!

As much as he tries or other try to make him into just some regular high school-er, he's not. His education was modified to fit him and his lifestyle..I think it's great he got his Diploma- i think that sends a good message to his fans..He's worth Bazillions and it was still important for him(family) to graduate..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I don't care about Justin Beiber at ALL.....

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree

Quoting rocamom:

telecomgirl
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Yep, ditto....

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I agree

Quoting rocamom:

vermontmoms
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Totally agree!

He has received more practical knowledge then most can grasp. His life experiences have enabled him to travel like I only dream of being able to do; with all that travel he has seen more than any textbook could teach. I think it great that he graduated and it says alot about him.

Don't dog him b/c he hated the tradition school and certain subjects. To me it speaks volumes about his character...yes, he hated those subjects but he stuck with it and finished anyway. Great role model for HS today.

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

I agree!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN