Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

grrr vent

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I had the neighbor kids today which gave me 6 kids.

Well Bella (my dd) asked for candy *which is normal - she already ate breakfast*. Gma told her no because she wasn't going to bring it out with all the other kids here. I understand that so we moved on.

The neighbor lady came to pick up her kids while they were eating dinner. So she stayed till they finished and I gave them their dessert (which was some banana pudding cake thing).

Gma choaxes Bella back to her room and gives her candy (ONLY her -while all the other kids are still there) and then leaves the house to go to my uncles. Of course I find Bella in her room eating the candy while no one else got any so I split up what she had (which was 8 -yes 8- kisses). So that's strike one for me. I thought about it and decided I'd let it go but if it came up again that I wouldn't allow the kids to have any candy from her and if found I'd take and throw away in front of her.... but this was her one and only free pass.

So bedtime comes, kids are in bed. Bella has a habit of getting up about a thousand times before actually going to bed. Usually she'll go pee and come in our room then we'll take her to her room, etc...

I heard her door and waited to hear the bathroom (which is just across the hall) but I never did so I got up and went out to find her and gma in the kitchen and the "goodie" cabinet open. So I took Bella back to bed and said "It's bedtime, you are not allowed ANY food - ONLY WATER."

So back to my room I go... about 15 mins later she has to pee so up we get and I put her back to bed and warn that if she's not asleep in 5 I'm turning the tv off (both kid's tvs go off after 930 but most nights they're both out by 8:30).

Not even 5 mins after I'm back in my room I hear something so I pause and I listen.... nothing... so I move on... few seconds later I hear gma's door shut (also just across the hallway) so I jump up and go straight to Bella's room and wouldn't you know.... she has a zebra cake!

So I grabbed it from her (looked about 2 bites were taken from it) and marched right into gma's room and said "You know my rules yet you have continued to go behind my back to give her stuff. This needs to stop and it needs to stop NOW!" Her response was "I wasn't up. I didn't give it to her"....

Really a 3yr old just magically flew up to the top cabinet and got herself the SAME thing that I had previously said no over...

I can't stand that she favors Bella so much over all other kids (even Drew) and I can't stand that she goes against my rules then has the nerve to LIE to me about it.

So starting tomorrow - I'm cleaning out the goodie cabinet, taking all candy when I see it, and being on top my children 24/7 enforcing every rule in the house.... I'm even going to sit in the hallway with the light on just to make sure they go to bed UNdisturbed.

I'm sure tomorrow she'll be in a bad mood - and guess what I will be too. Good thing I have an appointment in the morning to go to and I'll have time to cool down...

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Wow, what a great way to give a child cavities and set her up for diabetes.  I would be livid!!  What are you going to do?  Can you take g-ma's stash away?

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I can't take her stash away since it's in her room (I have a strict "I stay out of your room, you stay out of mine" rule with her).  I may rethink it if push comes to shove bc it still is my house house and I have the last say.

However I can take the candy once given and throw it away in front of her.

Also in our goodie cabinet we have rice crispy treats, oranges, applescause, rits bits, etc I bought one box of zebra cakes bc the kids love them as a special treat for being super good over the weekend (I figured one every now and then wont hurt them since majority we are very strict on eating healthy, etc.) Well now when they ask I'm going to tell them "well you can thank your grandmother for not listening to mommy's rules and now no one can have any special snacks for this month".

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Wow, what a great way to give a child cavities and set her up for diabetes.  I would be livid!!  What are you going to do?  Can you take g-ma's stash away?

telecomgirl
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Yikes, that's not cool! I'd be pretty mad too!

I hope you can get this resolved soon....

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I'd be very upset too ::sigh::
Enforcing those rules is what is best!
Good luck & hope today is better :)

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM

She's not home today. She left this morning at 7a with my uncle to go to Wheeling Island for gambling.

She wont be back till about 8p or so...By then I'll have all the goodies gone.

Quoting hugss:

I'd be very upset too ::sigh::
Enforcing those rules is what is best!
Good luck & hope today is better :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)