Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is your kid's summer break?

Posted by   + Show Post

When does your child's summer break begin?  Are you excited or dreading lack of a schedule?  Do you have a vacation planned? 

My kids's last day is the 22nd, I am very excited to have them home and to not have all the after school activites.  I have a lot of fun stuff planned for them,  I'm hoping to keep them busy so they don't get bored and hope to keep them on somewhat of a schedule, I have a 1 yr old that will still need his nap during the day (and maybe one for myself as well lol).   

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Replies (21-25):
psych_mom
by Stacy on May. 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM

It is, and now we are down to 6 days! Woo hoo! They had a shorter school year this year, but they learned a lot. Our school has great teachers and they have actually been done with the biggest majority of busy work since mid-April. Now they are reviewing what they have learned over the course of the past year and waiting for CRCT results to come in.

Quoting bookworm14:

Wow, that sounds like a really early date to be done for the summer! My stepkids won't be done til June 6th. Of course they started just after Labor day!

Quoting psych_mom:

My kids have 7 days of school left. I am looking forward to it. I don't have a lot planned for them, they are a little older and can keep themselves busy playing outside and doing things that they enjoy, but we will be spending a lot of time doing things as a family. My oldest will also have a lot of football practice.

Love.My.Soldier
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM
My kids last day is June 14. We are still waiting to see if we will be moving this summer to plan vacation. We have all been a bit homesick so we are hoping to go back home for a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM
My sons last day is June 1st. I work FT so he'll go to camps all summer. He is doing some fun ones: Lego, NASA, jet cadet, actors studio, science camp, hockey, swim, and soccer. ( I'm missing one). Anyways, he is signed up for a lot. He better have a good time.
nf1
by Nina on May. 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM
June 7th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nf1
by Nina on May. 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Sounds fun!!

Quoting Linds2Horse:

My sons last day is June 1st. I work FT so he'll go to camps all summer. He is doing some fun ones: Lego, NASA, jet cadet, actors studio, science camp, hockey, swim, and soccer. ( I'm missing one). Anyways, he is signed up for a lot. He better have a good time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)