Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal planning for the summer.

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

During the summer I try not to use the oven as much so the house doesn't get as hot, I also don't cook as much soups, we do more grilling and salads. I'm trying to find more recipes that are summer friendly. Do your meal plans change for the summer time? 

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

lots of grilling, lots of crockpots, lots of potato/mac/noodle salads, lots of sandwiches, lots of posicles/slushies/milk shakes, etc.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM

lots of salads too. We mix it up with different ingredients but kids seem to love crab meat salads and madarian orange salads.

Thats another thing - we also eat tons of fruits and vegs... a lot of APPLES & PEARS because we have apple and pear trees in our yard.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM

They do kind of, LOL
Like you I try not to use my oven much in the summer ..
So I use my cp as that makes it even easier :)

friend8622
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I actually don't use an oven at all right now, as mine broke about a year ago and the landlord wouldn't buy a new one.  So, we just have done without because we knew we were moving and we weren't going to buy one for this shack. lol.  I'm not sure what I will do once we move next week! lol.  I hope I remember how to use one. lol. 

Love.My.Soldier
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM
We do a lot of grilling and crockpot meals. We are usually going going going in the summer so throwing something in the crockpot in the morning is amazing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nf1
by Nina on May. 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Crockpot meals,salads,fruits and sandwiches
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM

YES.. I don't grill but I do have my husband grill MORE in the summer time as long as it isn't raining.. he hates dealing with the grill temps when it's raining and we don't have ANY cover..

I also will crock pot more (not soups or stews).. 

telecomgirl
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

My menu plans never change, mostly because our weather doesn't get very hot in the summertime...

laniramommy
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM
What is a crockpot????

We eat lots of fruits and salads during summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)