Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Amber's in the news again

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 36 Replies

Taken from the stir:

It's no wonder Amber Portwood is always in trouble. The Teen Mom was dragged back to jail late last week for violating her probation. And her mom, Tonya Portwood, is busy blabbing to the media that it's all a big misunderstanding. Gee, apple doesn't fall far from the excuses tree, does it?

The way Tonya tells it, Amber missed a necessary court date, which prompted the arrest, because she had gallbladder surgery. Because the doctor ordered she have bed rest, the embattled teen mom couldn't get off her behind and show up for court. Mean judge? Not so much.

Amber has been around the legal block a few times by now. She could have prevented this one herself. She knows she's on probation. She knew she was having surgery. All she had to do was ask her surgeon to write her a note explaining the full treatment plan in detail, then walk it over to the courthouse. The judge would have known why she didn't show, the cops wouldn't have been called, and Amber would not be sitting in the slammer.

Pretty easy, huh? Heck, she didn't have to do this by herself. That's what you pay a lawyer for. But even her lawyer says Portwood screwed up here. She told the court about surgery, they granted some leniency, but her lawyer told the local paper that they found out "things came to light that she could have been doing more." So much for having to be on bed rest.

This is from her OWN lawyer, folks, the person who is supposed to defend her. If he is willing to say that Portwood is just making excuses, she's making excuses.

Who's surprised? Really? No one should be ... sadly.

We've seen often enough on MTV that forethought is not Amber's strong suit. When cops first began investigating her for domestic violence, over assault of ex-boyfriend Gary Shirley that she did right in front of the TV cameras, she still managed to whine and moan and try to blame him for somehow "making" her lash out and hit him. And when she tried to commit suicide last year, her family once again tried to say Gary was at fault, rather than focusing on the cry for mental health help that a suicide really is.

I feel bad for Amber that she had to have her gallbladder out; I really do. I here it's painful. But I'm not going to feel bad that a judge put her back in jail when she could have prevented it.

How about you? What do you think should have happened to Amber here?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Huh, who is Amber? Sounds like more drama stuff.

rocamom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I love when people say it's always someone elses fault..  Amber has an anger problem and abused her boyfriend on national TV..  But yeah he probably pushed her buttons because it's never her fault..  I know we only saw what was on TV but Amber needs help..  I hope that Leah isn't messed up for life because her mom can't get her life together..  It's just to bad that a little girl is caught in the middle of all of this..

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM

She's off of MTV's TEEN MOM show. I quit watching the show after the season with her on it. She's had a lot of drama in her life. The poor girl needs help and no one seems to want to help her - just make up excuses for her and let her keep messing up.

I understand having to have surgery but still - life isn't as hard as she's making hers to be. She's now offically a role model for some girls - as much as I'd hate to say that , she is. She's been on nation tv and millions have watched and continue to read/hear about her. I think she just needs some serious help - without cameras anywhere near.

Quoting psych_mom:

rocamom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Teen Mom on MTV and yes it's Drama and thank God it's not my life..

Quoting psych_mom:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

SassyWildflower
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM

yea..I don't watch that garbage. (i think i watched 2 episodes) i don't think it's cute to be a teen mom. Not something to make a show about. 

psych_mom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Honestly having to have Gallbladder surgery isn't that major. I had it and was back to my normal routine in a couple of days. I had a 3 month old, almost 2 and 4 year old at the time. If the surgery wasn't a day or two prior to the court hearing, it wasn't a good reason to miss court.

Maybe the courts will eventually order that she get a psych eval and get her help.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

She's off of MTV's TEEN MOM show. I quit watching the show after the season with her on it. She's had a lot of drama in her life. The poor girl needs help and no one seems to want to help her - just make up excuses for her and let her keep messing up.

I understand having to have surgery but still - life isn't as hard as she's making hers to be. She's now offically a role model for some girls - as much as I'd hate to say that , she is. She's been on nation tv and millions have watched and continue to read/hear about her. I think she just needs some serious help - without cameras anywhere near.

Quoting psych_mom:

psych_mom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I haven't watched MTV since I was 18, so a good 14 years...

Quoting rocamom:

Teen Mom on MTV and yes it's Drama and thank God it's not my life..

Quoting psych_mom:

psych_mom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I completely agree with you! See, I told you yesterday, more mature than a lot of people that I know that are around my age:)

Quoting SassyWildflower:

yea..I don't watch that garbage. (i think i watched 2 episodes) i don't think it's cute to be a teen mom. Not something to make a show about. 

rocamom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM

My cousin is 17 and she watches it.. She sees how MOST (not all) of the guys love you at first and then usually bail.. Because of this show she has not had sex yet because she's scared she will get pregnant.. I think it shows the real reality of it.. 

Quoting SassyWildflower:

SassyWildflower
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

lol!! I just tend to be more "old fashoined" i guess. 

Quoting psych_mom:

I completely agree with you! See, I told you yesterday, more mature than a lot of people that I know that are around my age:)

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN