Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

I know that this is not the typical post. But, I really need help. My vac. doesn't work that great and I have dog hair from my dogs all in my carpet. It has matted down my carpet and I have tried everything. Any ideas?

Edit: I am getting a small spray bottle and filling it with water and fabric softener this weekend. I cannot afford a new vacuum. I on paid about $30 for this one new and I knew that it wasn't the greatest.

I got a small scrubbing brush so that after it loosens the hair, I will try and brush it up with the brush, then, vacuum.

You ladies are the best! I will let you know how it goes.

Final Edit-The final results: You guys came up with such great ideas, I decided to try them all. I dampened a sponge mop and boy did that get a lot of hair up. Then that same day, I cleaned my vacuum inside and out. Then, I misted a little fabric softener/water all over the carpet. THE PET HAIR IS GONE!! Not to mention my carpet smells better and even looks better. I mist my carpet every day and vacuum once a day. My house is looking and smelling so much cleaner.

Thank you all Moms!

by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Replies (11-12):
DragonMommieND
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:57 AM
You could always sweep the carpet to try and loosen the hair and that way you find all the Legos or other small toys you normally don't see but make the vacuum make some funny noises
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themomof2girls
by on May. 19, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Good ideas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)