Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Does he have a say??

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 23 Replies

Another group post sparked this question for me.

Does your DH/SO have a say in how to cut/style our hair? Does he have a say in the kind of clothes you wear?

Do you ever wear anything/fix your hair a certain way just b/c he likes it?

by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I always ask his opinion on my hair--but he doesn't have the final say. I've had super long hair the majority of my life--He loved it. But he wanted me to do what it took to make me happy. So i cut it pretty short :)  He saysy he really likes it and has decided I look good with either hairstyle. lOl..I'm so glad he's not picky!

With my clothes--i don't even ask his opnion. He's terrible when it comes to style. Most of the time I dress all of us, including him..lol.. He likes for me to tell him if things go together and such. 

Sometimes I will ear my hair curly for him b/c I know he really likes it or I will wear certain colors I know he likes on me..

Mommy4000
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

He doesn't have a preference. He's never said he likes certain hairstyles or suggested fashion. I think those things are way over his head, so he wouldn't even know what to suggest.

sreichelt26
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Does he have a say? Absolutely. But he doesn't really care/have a preference, so he defers to me anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM
No he don't have a say. He always says he likes it any way. He likes my style in clothes so he don't say nothing about them except I look nice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM

no not really. I mean Dh likes my hair long like it is now but there's been plenty of times I've cut it short bc that's what I wanted.... it's just hair - it'll grow back.

however I am never allowed to color it more than high lights or my family will kill  me lol My dad doesnt even like it high lighted but I know if I went as far as coloring it all he'd explode!

My clothes --- he could honestly care less lol I could wear the ugliest clothing and he'd tell me I looked great. lol however I have a say in what he wears. He gets his camo/nascar/etc clothing but he also has a section of closet full of clothes I like on him bc lets face it Redneck isn't the best outfit for dinners out lol If he ever wanted me to wear something that he liked - I would. He just doesnt lol

Of course if he said "oh hunny I like your hair straight" then on date night or other special occasions I'd wear it straight (if I didn't have an updo planned). I do things that he likes because I love him, not because I have to or else he's mad.

justahousewife
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I tend to just take note of what he compliments and head that direction. When I decided I wanted to donate a lot of my hair to locks of love I asked him what he would think if I had shorter hair. He gave me his preference and I met him half way. 

SassyWildflower
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

no not really. I mean Dh likes my hair long like it is now but there's been plenty of times I've cut it short bc that's what I wanted.... it's just hair - it'll grow back.

however I am never allowed to color it more than high lights or my family will kill  me lol My dad doesnt even like it high lighted but I know if I went as far as coloring it all he'd explode!

My clothes --- he could honestly care less lol I could wear the ugliest clothing and he'd tell me I looked great. lol however I have a say in what he wears. He gets his camo/nascar/etc clothing but he also has a section of closet full of clothes I like on him bc lets face it Redneck isn't the best outfit for dinners out lol If he ever wanted me to wear something that he liked - I would. He just doesnt lol

Of course if he said "oh hunny I like your hair straight" then on date night or other special occasions I'd wear it straight (if I didn't have an updo planned). I do things that he likes because I love him, not because I have to or else he's mad.

that's me exactly. Your hubby sounds a lot like mine. lOl.. 

My stylist said she won't color my hair even if i wanted her to. LOL..She said it's too pretty and healthy to do that to it. lOl

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on May. 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM
He has input but leaves the final decision for me to make. I can do whatever I want to my hair and wear whatever I want. Though in regards to my hair I tend to keep it long since that is what he likes he also keeps his hair short with a military hair cut since that is what I like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
telecomgirl
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I care about his opinion, but he rarely has one regarding how I dress or how my hair looks. He just wants me happy, and truly has no preference.

bookworm14
by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM
My boyfriend has said a number of times that he likes my hair long, and commented when he saw an older picture about my having short hair. I tease him saying that I fear cutting it or coming home to the locks changed! I highly doubt he would end things over my getting a hair cut, but I do like pleasing him and have held off in chopping all my hair off. I don't see him being controlling about it or anything and understand why he likes my hair long. For now, I'm keeping it long which satisfies us both. But I wouldn't hesitate to cut it super short just because he wouldn't like it. I like his opinions, but he doesn't have the final say!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN