Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dare to Paint Your Front Door a Bright, Pretty Color!

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM
  • 19 Replies

Dare to Paint Your Front Door a Bright, Pretty Color!

Posted by Gabrielle Blair on May 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

The front door really is the key focal point to the exterior of any house, so why not make a bold move and paint it an eye-catching color? Brightly painted doors like the purple one above are everywhere in France, and I absolutely adore the way they look, don't you? 

If you're looking for a cheap and easy way to give the exterior of your home a little facelift and add some instant curb appeal, painting your door is a great way to do it. I've put together 6 more fun and colorful inspirations below -- scroll through for a few ideas! 

This one belongs to designer Miles Redd and just might be the front door of my dreams. That ornate center knob and muted turquoise? So awesome. 

Pink! Would you dare? I think this home designed by architect Moises Esquenazi is rather amazing. It gives off a sort of desert oasis type feeling with the white walls and extra tall pink door. 

Confession: I am a sucker for Kelly green. It always looks so bright and happy that I can't help but love it on everything, including this front door

When I think of blue doors, I automatically think of Greece ... sigh ... Why not bring a little Santorini style home to your own front door with this bold blue hue

Red is probably the most versatile and widely used color for entryways because it looks amazing with just about any color and style of exterior. Red door on a white house with black trim? Classic. 

Say yes to yellow! You might think it pretty brash to paint your front door yellow, but see how happy and fun it looks in contrast to the old and serious stone and brick facade of this home?

So what do you think? Ready to bust out your paintbrushes and get started, or are these doors a little too bright for you?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I love the blue in the second picture!

We have a red door but it doesn't seem really wild to me.  Red doors seem to be the norm in my area.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I so would if I had the money to get paint!

I think it's neat to see all the different colors.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Red Doors were definately "THE"  trend when painting your doors first came out lol I see them everywhere

I liked the green one and the purple one.... though neithere would go good with my house color lol

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I love the blue in the second picture!

We have a red door but it doesn't seem really wild to me.  Red doors seem to be the norm in my area.

SassyWildflower
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM

not on this house. no.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on May. 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Our door is brown, but I'd love to paint it a nice bright color .. if I could talk dh into it; I tried once, but he wouldn't go for it.  I'm going to try again when we start doing some home improvements later this year.  I love the purple one!!

klamomma2
by Kaila on May. 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I like the 2nd picture, they wouldn't look good on my house though.  My door use to be red until we bought a new one now it is white.  I'm wanting to paint it black but scared it will get too hot.

psych_mom
by Stacy on May. 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM

We have a black door and I am wanting to paint it. We will probably go with red for now but as soon as we sign the paperwork I will do a funkier color like a deep turquoise or something like that.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM

No...I really want a glass & iron door..

Lisha77
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I wish we could! Our HOA will not allow us...I hate HOAs!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ajanee12
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM

mines not really a bright color, but i painted it a hammered texture and love it :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)