Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Would you accept?

Posted by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 21 Replies

My mom has offered to pay for a vow renewal ceremony for us this September for our Anniversary. I know that I have been wanting a do over since our wedding and now I have the chance and I would want to do it in our yard with the reception on our deck after, but for someo reason I am a little hesitant to accept. I don't know why. Would you accept?

by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM

IDK...If i could truly trust that the person won't flake out i probably would accept it.The person would also have to understand my decisions would be the final decision-sometimes when others are footing the bill they think they have a say so in things...

SassyWildflower
by on May. 27, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Yep I would.

leland and i didn't get to have an actually wedding. Mom and dad offered to give us one this October. I gladly accepted & I'm excited about it. 

But if you feel uneasy about it, go w/ your gut. :)

SassyWildflower
by on May. 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM

i agree with this too.

Quoting inmybizz:

IDK...If i could truly trust that the person won't flake out i probably would accept it.The person would also have to understand my decisions would be the final decision-sometimes when others are footing the bill they think they have a say so in things...

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

agreed --- I think I'd just have to make clear that it is MY renewal and MY decisions no matter who's money's paying for it.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

i agree with this too.

Quoting inmybizz:

psych_mom
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I am afraid that my mom is going to want to change my decisions if she is not happy with them. She likes fake flowers, I think that there are unacceptable. She likes finger foods, Mat and I want barbecue from a certain place. I am worried that this is not going to go well. We won't have to pay for an officiant, a church or banquet hall, he and I will pay for our clothes. So all she has to foot the bill for is the small party after the ceremony pretty much... I just still have trepidation.

Quoting inmybizz:

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM
It sounds like it might be easier to not accept her gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 27, 2012 at 6:32 PM
This was my thought, too.

Quoting inmybizz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 27, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd hesitate, too, then.

Quoting psych_mom:

I am afraid that my mom is going to want to change my decisions if she is not happy with them. She likes fake flowers, I think that there are unacceptable. She likes finger foods, Mat and I want barbecue from a certain place. I am worried that this is not going to go well. We won't have to pay for an officiant, a church or banquet hall, he and I will pay for our clothes. So all she has to foot the bill for is the small party after the ceremony pretty much... I just still have trepidation.

Quoting inmybizz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2114
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Yes it was my parents paying for it

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on May. 27, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Most likely I would accept. I didn't have the wedding I wanted. I got married with a justice of the peace and a home coming dress that was on clearence and hubbys attire from Walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)