Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Co sleeping/ room sharing

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
I got new beds for my youngest 2 girls today... I put them into their room, and planned on having them move there, but I broke down and moved both beds into my room again... I'm not having any more kids, so I feel like they'll be big and sleeping on their own in their room soon enough. I want to keep them with me as much as I can. Is that weird?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by Tiffany on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Yay! Co-sleeping is awesome. We have two queen beds in our room. Hubby sleeps on one and dd and I sleep on the other. We used to share just one, but the one mattress hurts his back and the other one hurts mine so we figured out we could just have two in there. Before anyone asks, we still get PLENTY of mommy-daddy time. I just move to his bed for that. I just can't stay in it all night long. Plus, he is a disabled vet going through multiple surgeries and could use the space to sleep however he needs to.

VintageWife
by Tiffany on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:42 AM

We have two boys, btw, but they sleep in their own room :)

sreichelt26
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Not weird at all. As much as my back would love if dd was on her own, I don't know what I'm gonna do when she can sleep on her own. I'll probably have a new baby by then lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM
3 moms liked this

no co-sleeping here..... Drew was in his own room from 6 weeks on and Bella was in her own room by a year.

You do whatever you are comfortable with and whatever works for you and your family.

3cutiebugs
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Dang! Thats the way to do it! :) I just have my queen bed, and the girls fall asleep with me then I move them to their toddler beds on the other wall. My dh has to sleep propped up or his jaw will go out of place, so he sleeps on the recliner part of the couch.

Quoting VintageWife:

Yay! Co-sleeping is awesome. We have two queen beds in our room. Hubby sleeps on one and dd and I sleep on the other. We used to share just one, but the one mattress hurts his back and the other one hurts mine so we figured out we could just have two in there. Before anyone asks, we still get PLENTY of mommy-daddy time. I just move to his bed for that. I just can't stay in it all night long. Plus, he is a disabled vet going through multiple surgeries and could use the space to sleep however he needs to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Tiffany on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this

It's been so nice. I never knew it could work out with two beds. But everyone is waking with no back issues and we are keeping a healthy intimate life. Plus, we are only a couple feet apart so it's not that different. We just pretend we are Ricky and Lucy. LOL...on 'I Love Lucy' they were shown in two beds side by side because during that time they weren't allowed to show a couple sleeping together. 

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

Dang! Thats the way to do it! :) I just have my queen bed, and the girls fall asleep with me then I move them to their toddler beds on the other wall. My dh has to sleep propped up or his jaw will go out of place, so he sleeps on the recliner part of the couch.

Quoting VintageWife:

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not weird if that's what you want to do...  It's not for everyone but if it's for you then go for it..

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:53 AM

nope not weird at all. we co-slept w/ both of our kids and sometimes out 5 yr. old still climbs in our bed w/ us. Our youngest sleeps better in her crib than she does w/ us. but we co slept w/ her up until she was about a year old or so. 

psych_mom
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I co-slept with my oldest until he is one, my middle one until he was 7 months and my dd never slept good in the room with someone else, so she went to her own room at 6 weeks and started sleeping through the night at that age. I think it is what works for you, not what works for everyone else. It is different for each child and family.

telecomgirl
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

No cosleeping here. My 2-month old sleeps so much better on her own. With me next to her, she wakes up wanting to coo, smile and socialize all the time. As fun as that is, she'll sleep from 10pm - 6am on her own if I leave her alone in her own bed.

But if it works for you, then that's great! I don't think its weird at all :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)