Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Co sleeping/ room sharing

Posted by   + Show Post
I got new beds for my youngest 2 girls today... I put them into their room, and planned on having them move there, but I broke down and moved both beds into my room again... I'm not having any more kids, so I feel like they'll be big and sleeping on their own in their room soon enough. I want to keep them with me as much as I can. Is that weird?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM

No co sleeping here.  It was hot here last night. I would have loved to have the bed all to myself...

shivasgirl
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:56 AM

where do your kids want to sleep? i am all for the family bed/room, but when my kids are ready to move on, i let them...its not about me

fullxbusymom
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM

That is fine if it works for you.  My rule in my home is no children belong in my bed ever and I will never have them in my room to sleep either.  They all have their own rooms and beds and that is where they have always slept since they were infants.

3cutiebugs
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM
they both like to sleep in my room. Cecily (2) likes to fall asleep with me, but she kicks in her sleep, and rolls off the bed, so I move her to her bed after she falls asleep. Elli (16 mos) prefers to sleep on her own, but occasionally climbs in bed with me halfway through the night.
My oldest, Celeste (9), ended up in bed with me almost every night until she was almost 6. Now she sleep in her bed exclusively... She was horrible to sleep with! We nicknamed her princess pokey toes, lol

Quoting shivasgirl:

where do your kids want to sleep? i am all for the family bed/room, but when my kids are ready to move on, i let them...its not about me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laniramommy
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM
The girls slept with us till they were about three months old and didnt need breastfeeding all trough the night anymore.
Then they moved to their own bed and room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liansmommie
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

In the end it's whatever works for the family. This obviously works for you.

ZACANDZOIESMOM
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:13 AM
My ds slept with us till he was about 2 then slept in his own full size bed then our first dd slept better when she slept with us till she was about 3 1/2 and now we have our last dd and she's been in her crib in her own room since she was 1 month old. But sometimes I bring her in our bed. She's my little cuddle bug. Even now I wake up to find my now 9 yrd ds and 6 dd plus dh all in bed . But whatever works for you momma.. I say go for it...:)
conorsmom85710
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

no because I have a three yr old that sleeps with me in my bed because our place is so small we live in a one bedroom apartment.But I figure when he gets older I can get him his own bed then.

jellybeans5
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We co-sleept when the kids were little. We had 3 queen beds push up against each other. The whole room was a bed so it was only used for sleeping. It was really sweet having the whole family in one room to sleep. We had another bedroom so dh & I could sometimes sneak away for our "time". We have 5 kids.

Donnab6395
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I don't know but aren't they old enough to sleep on their own? I guess, no I'm sure that if this works for ALL OF YOU, that's the only important matter is that you all are happy with it. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)