Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After much debate, we decided

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 25 Replies

To skip the vow renewal ceremony because dh's mom completely blew it off and he didn't want to have to beg his family to come. My mom and I talked about it yesterday and her and my dad are going to give us money toward our anniversary trip instead. Mat and I decided that we would go to our favorite little square in Savannah and say the vows that we want to say to each other, just he and I. It does make us both a little sad that his family dismissed this so easily and didn't see how important it was to us, but we have come to expect it.

by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM

:( I'm sorry Stacy. But atleast you'll get to have some time away with just the two of you in your favorite spot.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Very true:) And we are going to see if we can find a good groupon or living social deal and head down to Savannah over the weekend and have a longer stay down there.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

:( I'm sorry Stacy. But atleast you'll get to have some time away with just the two of you in your favorite spot.

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM

(hugs)  I'm sorry sweetie.

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM

bummer. sometimes family can really let you down. 

Glad you have a back up plan, something you'll both really enjoy. I'm sure it will be special for the two of you :)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Sorry..What you have planned now sounds very nice..

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I'm sorry you won't be having your vow renewal that you wanted, but your backup plan sounds very nice.  I think I would have gone ahead and had the ceremony without his parents; it would have been their loss ... but then, that's just me.  At any rate, I'm sure spending the time together will be a wonderful renewal in itself.  Enjoy and congrats!

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Maybe you can find a justice of the peace and just do the vows alone...  I think that's a good idea.  I would be sad too but what's more important is that you guys have each other and are in love.. :)

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM

We also decided that we didn't want certain people that like to cause drama there either, so it would have really been very few people that would have showed up in the end, plus this year our kids will be with their biodad, so they won't be there either, so if the most important people in our lives (the kids) can't be a part of it, then it is going to be what we want until we decide to renew our vows later on in life when we take a trip somewhere for our major anniversary (10, 20 something like that) with the kids (and they are older).

Quoting dingysfamily:

I'm sorry you won't be having your vow renewal that you wanted, but your backup plan sounds very nice.  I think I would have gone ahead and had the ceremony without his parents; it would have been their loss ... but then, that's just me.  At any rate, I'm sure spending the time together will be a wonderful renewal in itself.  Enjoy and congrats!

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:06 PM

If we had someone officiate we would prefer a pastor or friend. We were going to have our oldest do it if we went through with our original plan. The beautiful thing is, we don't really need anyone to do it since we are just repledging ourselves to each other.

Quoting rocamom:

Maybe you can find a justice of the peace and just do the vows alone...  I think that's a good idea.  I would be sad too but what's more important is that you guys have each other and are in love.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)