Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Has anyone tried the new body wraps that are suppose to help

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM
  • 34 Replies

you lose inches?

I have been invited to a party and although I don't really need to lose any more weight, well maybe a few more pounds off the tummy area, I am curious to hear what others have to say that aren't consultants. I doubt I will be throwing my money away on these, just going to get back to the old exercise and eating healthy regimen.

by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jun. 2, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Have no idea what you're talking about!

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM

i've seen what you're talking about. i don't see how it does anything though & doubt that it'd do anything long-term.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM

That's what I am thinking, but it is appearing to be a huge business. My mom is even thinking of trying it instead of taking the time to workout and eat healthy.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

i've seen what you're talking about. i don't see how it does anything though & doubt that it'd do anything long-term.

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:57 PM

i was told today how great i looked & asked several times how i've lost this much weight just within the past few months--they were so surprised when i told them. so simple. 

I don't think things like this work and if they do, i don't think they last.

Quoting psych_mom:

That's what I am thinking, but it is appearing to be a huge business. My mom is even thinking of trying it instead of taking the time to workout and eat healthy.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I've been invited to one too but I'm a bit skeptical about it. I really don't know if they work though. I want to go and actually watch it in person to see if it really does but I don't think I'd rely on it just for weight loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it would last either. I would be willing to do it if I needed a quick fix and I had seen it work first hand, but I would rather work out, save my money and buy some new clothes.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

i was told today how great i looked & asked several times how i've lost this much weight just within the past few months--they were so surprised when i told them. so simple. 

I don't think things like this work and if they do, i don't think they last.

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

psych_mom
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I am thinking of going to the party to see if it really works, not to throw my money away. Heck if I lose too much more weight, I'll have to buy all my clothes from the girls department.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I've been invited to one too but I'm a bit skeptical about it. I really don't know if they work though. I want to go and actually watch it in person to see if it really does but I don't think I'd rely on it just for weight loss.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM

My friend goes to a spa and has a body wrap and she says it makes her thinner but honestly I don't know for sure..  I didn't know they were doing them at in home parties..  is this new?

psych_mom
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM
It's different than the ones that they do in dose. These are "wraps" for individual parts of the body.

Quoting rocamom:

My friend goes to a spa and has a body wrap and she says it makes her thinner but honestly I don't know for sure..  I didn't know they were doing them at in home parties..  is this new?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Not sure what the home parties are about..

I've had the body wrap done at a spa.. You get wrapped in something like an herbal wrap, steam for a 30mins or so..I did lose weight(maybe 10 pounds), but i gained it right back in 24-48hrs..It was good if you need to lose water weight/inches for a weekend affair..long term it didn't work because you just lost water weight..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)