Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

check ups

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:26 PM
  • 21 Replies
On Monday I have my 6 week PP check up. And was just wondering how many of you go on a regular basis to get a well woman check up? Do you get a pap smear done? Breasts checked for lumps?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I go every year..  When I was in college the Dr did a papsmear and found abnormal precancerous cells in my cervix.. I had to have them frozen.  Since they I don't miss a year.  It's been about 14 years and the Dr doesn't think they will return but you NEVER know. 

Since I'm there for my papsmear they check for lumps and other things..  honestly, I don't mind going so I can make sure i'm healthy for my kids.

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I have gone every year since having kids. At my last yearly check up in July of 2011 I found out I had tested positive for hpv. I then found out a few weeks later I was pregnant with my 3rd baby. I had a biopsy done while pregnant but nothing wad found to be serious. I was told that my body could fix itself and it could disappear. I'm hoping my body did what it needed to and fixed itself.

Quoting rocamom:

I go every year..  When I was in college the Dr did a papsmear and found abnormal precancerous cells in my cervix.. I had to have them frozen.  Since they I don't miss a year.  It's been about 14 years and the Dr doesn't think they will return but you NEVER know. 

Since I'm there for my papsmear they check for lumps and other things..  honestly, I don't mind going so I can make sure i'm healthy for my kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I was actually told not to go but every 3 years--uhh..yea whatever. My mom's twin sister died from cervical cancer, my mom had cancerous cells and had a hystorectomy..my sisters have lady issues..I think i'll continue my yearly check ups.

My last one was last November. I found a lump in my left breast and got a full check up. I'll continue to go. 

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Omg, did anything come of the lump? I'm so scared of finding one.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I was actually told not to go but every 3 years--uhh..yea whatever. My mom's twin sister died from cervical cancer, my mom had cancerous cells and had a hystorectomy..my sisters have lady issues..I think i'll continue my yearly check ups.

My last one was last November. I found a lump in my left breast and got a full check up. I'll continue to go. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:04 PM

nope--thank God. went through the ultrasound and the mamogram (scary & wierd being the only 20-something in that place!) both came back ok :) i still hold onto that paper i got in the mail. best news of my life to know all was ok.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:08 PM
That's awesome nothing came of it. I am always checking out my breasts for any differences in them. Even though no one in my family had ever had to deal with breadth issues it still scares me.. I love my boobs, like they are seriously the one thing I love about my body. If anything where to happen with them, I'd be devastated. I really want to get more active in the breast cancer walks and fund raising for them.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

nope--thank God. went through the ultrasound and the mamogram (scary & wierd being the only 20-something in that place!) both came back ok :) i still hold onto that paper i got in the mail. best news of my life to know all was ok.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
telecomgirl
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I go yearly for a pap. No family history of any issues... it's just something I feel the need to do...

One thing I do check all the time are my breasts for lumps. I currently have 2 tumors (1 in each breast). I had biopsies done on them, and they're non-cancerous thankfully. But it still leaves me feeling uneasy to go years and still feel those hard lumps, so frequent checking is something I stay on top of...

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM
It would freak me out too knowing they are there even if they aren't cancerous.

Quoting telecomgirl:

I go yearly for a pap. No family history of any issues... it's just something I feel the need to do...

One thing I do check all the time are my breasts for lumps. I currently have 2 tumors (1 in each breast). I had biopsies done on them, and they're non-cancerous thankfully. But it still leaves me feeling uneasy to go years and still feel those hard lumps, so frequent checking is something I stay on top of...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I never do. I have only ever had it done while pregnant.

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM

when i was talking to the nurse about the things that could happen, i looked at her and said whatever it takes, i just want to be ok. i love my boobs too--they're great boobs (LOL) but if you gotta cut them off for me to be ok, i won't fight it. 

It was super scary. i'm so thankful for the support i had from some awesome ladies in this group as well as my family and a couple of my god friends. Couldn't have made it through it without them.

i think getting active in the walks and fund raising is an awesome idea :)

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

That's awesome nothing came of it. I am always checking out my breasts for any differences in them. Even though no one in my family had ever had to deal with breadth issues it still scares me.. I love my boobs, like they are seriously the one thing I love about my body. If anything where to happen with them, I'd be devastated. I really want to get more active in the breast cancer walks and fund raising for them.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)