Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What is your favorite way to eat them? Do you eat them raw? In a jam? As a cobbler or pie? We have tons of vines and I am trying to decide what to do with the harvest.

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
psych_mom
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I need to go to the farmers market and get some fresh peaches and make one. Yummy! I also found an awesome recipe for a peach cake I want to try.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

i love to make cobblers. SO simple and so good!!

Peach cobbler is my favorite.

Quoting psych_mom:

My oldest keeps trying to steal them when he pickes them with me. I have about 4 cups of fresh berries that I have already picked. I am freezing them so I can save them all up until I figure out what I am going to make with them. I am leaning toward making a cobbler for sure- I've never made one but my mom always did when I was growing up and they were yummy with vanilla ice cream- and maybe some blackberry muffins.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

oh lucky!!!!

when i was little we used to go out to the country and pick them. mom made pie w/ them and we ate them raw. 

when i was in montana in 2006 (my first time up there..lOl) Leland and i would pick these and his mom made wojapi (Lakota berry pudding). I've learned how to make it now & so whenever we have berries (fresh or frozen) i make Wojapi and frybread. Mmmm it's so good.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I think we have around 15-20 vines. I am making sure that I leave a few a lone though so that they reseed for next year.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

I love them raw. We have strawberries and we have been freezing those for later use. I wish I had a blackberry vine. My DD loves the, as well

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Oh i can't wait until this coming weekend! it's our local peach festival at the orchard we love. ((the same one that does that fab pumpkin festival every year.)) we always go to these things and always have a great time. Can't wait!

Quoting psych_mom:

I need to go to the farmers market and get some fresh peaches and make one. Yummy! I also found an awesome recipe for a peach cake I want to try.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting psych_mom:

My oldest keeps trying to steal them when he pickes them with me. I have about 4 cups of fresh berries that I have already picked. I am freezing them so I can save them all up until I figure out what I am going to make with them. I am leaning toward making a cobbler for sure- I've never made one but my mom always did when I was growing up and they were yummy with vanilla ice cream- and maybe some blackberry muffins.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

oh lucky!!!!

when i was little we used to go out to the country and pick them. mom made pie w/ them and we ate them raw. 

when i was in montana in 2006 (my first time up there..lOl) Leland and i would pick these and his mom made wojapi (Lakota berry pudding). I've learned how to make it now & so whenever we have berries (fresh or frozen) i make Wojapi and frybread. Mmmm it's so good.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

That sounds like tons of fun! We are known for our peaches here in GA- named the Peach State:)

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Oh i can't wait until this coming weekend! it's our local peach festival at the orchard we love. ((the same one that does that fab pumpkin festival every year.)) we always go to these things and always have a great time. Can't wait!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

oh lucky!!!!

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM

it is! we have been going there since i was a little girl. it wasn't ever as pricey as it can be now though. LOL

Quoting psych_mom:

That sounds like tons of fun! We are known for our peaches here in GA- named the Peach State:)

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

oh lucky!!!!

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

cobbler with ice cream on top :)  (a la mode)

psych_mom
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Cobbler wouldn't be cobbler without ice cream:)

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

cobbler with ice cream on top :)  (a la mode)

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Check out these sites

Here - this is the same site I got the foundant reciepe

here

Here

crystalplus1
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM

i like them raw, never had enough to make jam, i did make a jelly out of wild grapes one time and i was awesome!

psych_mom
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

Check out these sites

Here - this is the same site I got the foundant reciepe

here

Here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN