Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

I don't know why i keep doing this?!?!?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm not consciously trying to collect these, but I have purchased many of them. I'm not sure why i'm drawn to these, but if i see one that catches my eye i'll buy it..I have them in my yard, all around the house..I didn't really notice it until my husband mentioned we had quite a few of these.. LOL!!

Buddha statues...

Do you have anything that you are attracted to, but don't know it until you look around and realize you have a lot of these????

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Hmm..

the only things we buy for house decorations are Native-styled things. But we buy them b/c we're native. lOl.. 

I have never been one to just go out and buy stuff w/o really thinking about each purchase. Weighing the cost, whether i need it or not, where it would go, etc. lOl

rocamom
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I don't really think I have ONE specific thing that I collect like that..  HHMM  Obviously you enjoy those because you keep buying them LOL!!

psych_mom
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Not that I know of... the things that I do collect- antique glassware, brooches, silver, and things like that are conscious choices.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM

nothing inside my house. but for my outside it seems to have a blue & green (the brightest shades possible) theme going on and I only planned for that color scheme on my front porch - it just slowly growed to all over my outside lol

My mom has buddahs for luck at bingo (she has 7 of them). lol I have a frog and an owl that I take with me.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

nothing inside my house. but for my outside it seems to have a blue & green (the brightest shades possible) theme going on and I only planned for that color scheme on my front porch - it just slowly growed to all over my outside lol

My mom has buddahs for luck at bingo (she has 7 of them). lol I have a frog and an owl that I take with me.

That's me..I only planned to get one and it's slowly grown to many..It's not like i'm trying to start a collect..I do have things i consiciously collect but it's never been buddhas..LOL!! 

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
When I was a teenager I would always buy stuff that had stars, moons or rainbows on it. I still have a bunch of it in my storage unit..lol but now as an adult I'm not really attracted to any one thing. Though if I had my choice I'd have a bunch of gnomes but they scare my hubby a bit..lol so I just have my one gnome....one day I will have more...Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I had to look at the date of this post to see if it was oldie that was bumped up.  ....You are just noticing that you collect these?  We've known this for the past year. LOL.  I love the one you pictured above.  It's beautiful!

laniramommy
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Snowmen ! however they only come out of the storage during xmas season, from like dec 5 till dec 30 or something.

I dont buy many decorative things. My husband does that... He likes to change things around the house, decorate etc.
The house is mostly his house what thats concerned. I dont mind. I do like his style and taste so im fine with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
telecomgirl
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I don't really collect anything.

I love your Buddha statue though!

mamacalifornia
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I don't collect anything,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN