Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

I don't know why i keep doing this?!?!?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not consciously trying to collect these, but I have purchased many of them. I'm not sure why i'm drawn to these, but if i see one that catches my eye i'll buy it..I have them in my yard, all around the house..I didn't really notice it until my husband mentioned we had quite a few of these.. LOL!!

Buddha statues...

Do you have anything that you are attracted to, but don't know it until you look around and realize you have a lot of these????

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (21-30):
GypsyMom2012
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I have a thing for anything pit bull. I love dogs but this is the perfect breed fore. My bf and did have just learned to get used to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dontchawishuknu
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I collect Buddhas as well :)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Quoting Dontchawishuknu:

I may need to send a few your way..I can't believe how many i have...LOL!! 

Dontchawishuknu
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM

No worries! LOL.....

I started collecting them because my grandmother had one in her home...2 feet tall , red jade....I was absolutely fascinated by it....When she died, I was 14 and just started picking them up whenever I saw one I liked.  They make me happy.....

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Dontchawishuknu:

I may need to send a few your way..I can't believe how many i have...LOL!! 

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Are you not Buddhist?  I assumed you were.  Yes, I have certain likes.  I like African art, my bathroom is decorated in an African theme.  I'm Norwegian, not African. 

Ya just never know what's gonna tickle your fancy. 

Nope, not Buddhist..I don't know why i'm drawn to these..I actually collect African art.. 

Can you share some pictures?  I love African decor.  Here is a couple from in my bathroom where I've got the Africa look going. 

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Are you not Buddhist?  I assumed you were.  Yes, I have certain likes.  I like African art, my bathroom is decorated in an African theme.  I'm Norwegian, not African. 

Nope, not Buddhist..I don't know why i'm drawn to these..I actually collect African art.. 

Can you share some pictures?  I love African decor.  Here is a couple from in my bathroom where I've got the Africa look going. 

Great stuff.. I collect(African/Black art) paintings, wood work, sculpture, masks..Pics of a few things..I've got tons of stuff in storage( i need a larger home..LOL!!)

I have three other prints that need framing

elephant vase

a few things from the other house

I have been collecting Thomas Blackshear sculpture/figurines for many years..I love his work..I have these plus a few more.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Beautiful!

thanks!!

toomanypoodles
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Great stuff.. I collect(African/Black art) paintings, wood work, sculpture, masks..Pics of a few things..I've got tons of stuff in storage( i need a larger home..LOL!!)

elephant vase

I have been collecting Thomas Blackshear sculpture/figurines for many years..I love his work..I have these plus a few more.

Oh my!  You have some amazing pieces!  I would LOVE to vistit your beautiful home and ooh and aahhhh.  :)

Good job decorating!

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

elephant vase

Oh my!  You have some amazing pieces!  I would LOVE to vistit your beautiful home and ooh and aahhhh.  :)

Good job decorating!

Thank You!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN