Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Whose job is it.......

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM
  • 32 Replies

Hi ladies,

Who mostly does the house cleaning in your home? Do your SO and kids help?

Do your kids have specific chores?

sweeping washing dishes

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gacgbaker
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM

My kids and husband help, but it's primarily my responsibility to make sure it happens.  

ChancesMommy07
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I do the housework. I'm a SAHM and my son is in school (well he's on summer break now) so I see no reason why I would need for my husband to come home and clean when I'm here all day. My son is responsible for keeping his room cleaned up and feeding and taking care of his guinea pig. My husband takes care of the yard work and the vehicle maintenance. 

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Mostly I do it all. But hubby helps out on weekends when he is off work.. my kids help out with their mess in the living room. They also like to help pick up laundry and put it in the washer of dryer for me, with my help of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3KidsOneMom
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM

My 5 and 3 yr old help with their rooms, setting the table, putting away laundry and doing dishes. I do most of the cleaning but dh helps on the weekends.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

My husband works odd /long hours so most of the house work falls to me(i stay home)..When he is available he will cook, clean do laundry, he very helpful. The kid also has household responsibilities..

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Friday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I do most of it,
Doesn't bother me either.
Kids aren't home so .. :)

mamacalifornia
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I do most of the house cleaning, my kids & hubby do things as needed. My kids know how to run the dishwasher, washer & dryer, sweep & mop, they put their own clothes away and make their beds every morning.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

It's mostly me. DH loads the dishwasher at night but I come in after he leaves the kitchen and clean the stove top, sink, and countertop. Those just aren't on his cleaning radar and it's just easier to step in when he is done instead of nagging him every night.

DS has a few chores. He set the table and wipes the table down after we eat. He also helps me clean stalls and feed the horses each night. 

psych_mom
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM

My dh and I do it together. He is off 4 days a week. The kids do have their things that they help with as well.

Reina13
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I do most of it but my kids help out a lot. 

The kids are responsible for their own laundry, their bedrooms and their bathroom, except the 7 yr old.

The older two do all the lawn work and taking out the trash.

I do all the vaccuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, organizing, washing all the linens, other bedrooms, bathrooms, dishes and pet care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN