Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Job Interviews and tattoos..

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 25 Replies

So I have a job interview tomorrow.  I need to be dressed nicely.  The only really nice thing I have to wear that fits properly is a knee length dress. I will be wearing pantyhose with it and a pair of heals.  The only thing is 3 of my 5 tattoos will be showing. I have one on my ankle and then one on each foot that I'm pretty sure my heals will not cover.

Should I hide them by wearing bandaids over them or apply heavy make up on them... None of my tattoos are vulgar in any way. the one on my ankle is a kanji symbol that means little sister, then the ones on my feet are my two oldest kids names.

What should I do, cover them up or leave them and let them be shown?  I want to make a good impression as this is a job I have been trying to get into for a long time.

breastfeeding                         toddler girl         toddler boy

Samantha-always nursing Elayna          Emmalee-4yo                   Elijah-1yo

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM
I'd try covering them with makeup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Jobs would prefer it if you could cover them. Tattoos are still "taboo" in the business society. 

I have one tattoo and have nothing against those that have tons of them but they don't look appropriate when in a business meeting.

If it was me - I'd cover them for the interview and then buy a pair of pants for follow interview or future interviews.

ConnorMom228
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
It really depends on the type of job you are going for. If its more business like, then yes, cover it all up. If its a bit more casual, you may not have to worry too much. I've seen a lot more tattoos showing up in the workplace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
telecomgirl
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM

If you think covering them up would be easy, I would do it just for the interview to make a great first impression.

They're becoming a lot more common and mainstream in the workplace, but I don't think it hurts to be too careful and professional when going for a job you really want :)

3cutiebugs
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM
4 of my tattoos always show (2 on the back of my neck and one on each wrist) and i've never had an issue getting a job. But then, when I was working I lived in olympia. No one cared there, I didn't even take out my lip rings for a couple of them.
I you think it'll be an issue you should probably cover them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I'm being interviewed to be choosen to become a trained and licensed real estate agent. It's something I've been wanting to get into for a long while.

Quoting ConnorMom228:

It really depends on the type of job you are going for. If its more business like, then yes, cover it all up. If its a bit more casual, you may not have to worry too much. I've seen a lot more tattoos showing up in the workplace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I'm being interviewed to be choosen to become a trained and licensed real estate agent. It's something I've been wanting to get into for a long while.

Quoting ConnorMom228:

Then definitely cover your tattoos.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jun. 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I would cover them up if you can.  Maybe during the Q&A ask about their policy concerning tattoos?

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I will keep that in mind.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I would cover them up if you can.  Maybe during the Q&A ask about their policy concerning tattoos?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 2:39 PM

What kind of job ar you going for?  I used to be the Manager of a bank and my MAIN concern for tellers would be tatoos on arms or hands (anything visible to a customer)..  So honestly I wouldn't worry about them to much..  Unless you are going to hide them forever they really should know what you are really like..

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN