Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How much would you pay?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 21 Replies

I know many of you don't have babies and don't have a need for a sling but IF you did---and you were interested in buying one like this...how much do you think you would be willing to pay? I made this one and I have an acquaintance that is interested in purchasing one from me. I'm having a hard time with a price. I want to charge enough that I'm not doing free labor but I don't want to charge so much that it seems unreasonable. Any opinions? Thanks a bunch!

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I'm cheapy so I'd probably pay $20-$25.

My best advice is to search etsy & ebay for homemade slings and see what they are charging. Then charge similar pricing - just dont forget shipping & handling if you plan on sending them to people or selling them online.

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

this!

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

My best advice is to search etsy & ebay for homemade slings and see what they are charging. Then charge similar pricing - just dont forget shipping & handling if you plan on sending them to people or selling them online.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I agree!  :)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I think 25 is a fair price.

rocamom
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM

What did the material cost you?  How long does it take for you to put it together?  I would think $20 -$25 is good but if she's a really good friend and it only cost me $10 to make I would probably charge a FRIEND $15-$20..  I prefer to do things for friends CHEAPER than people who aren't my friends..  That's all.

Emmy217
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM
The cost for me to make it is going to depend on how cheep I can find fabric. It's 4 yards of fabric (Im hoping I can find some cute on clearance for less than $5/yard) the rings cost $4. So that would be $24 (@ $5/yard) I was thinking about asking $35.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Machelle669
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:19 PM
$25-30...but I'm on a tight budget so I have to keep that in mind when looking for things to purchase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3cutiebugs
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM
My first thought was 30 or 35
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nf1
by Nina on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I'm agree with you

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN