Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Sandra Bullock Is Trading Her Bachelorette Pad for a Kid-Friendly House

Posted by   + Show Post

Sandra Bullock Is Trading Her Bachelorette Pad for a Kid-Friendly House

Posted by Mary Fischer on June 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Sandra Bullock & LouisSandra Bullock is officially on the move after listing her contemporary mansion in Austin, Texas for $2.5 million. The stunning home is quite large, at 5,663 square feet, and it sounds like it provides ample privacy, being that it sits on over two acres.

With features like an enormous wall of windows, a wine cellar, cathedral ceilings, a pool & spa, an exercise room, and even tennis courts -- it's a wonder that Sandra would want to give up her swanky pad.

But now that she's a mom to son Louis, 2, odds are good that the house really doesn't fit their needs anymore. It has all the makings of a classic bachelorette pad -- and even though Sandra is single, she's really over the party lifestyle at this point in her life. Entertaining and 2-year-olds don't exactly go hand in hand!

And even though the home is beautiful, its overall style really doesn't work with a curious toddler. There are way too many windows, sliding glass doors, and the pool & spa don't appear to have a gate around them, so safety concerns may have come up when Louis started walking.

There's no word on whether or not Sandra plans on staying in Texas or moving to another part of the country, but wherever she winds up, I'm sure she'll have things like a big backyard and a huge playroom on the top of her list. And she'd better go ahead and stock up on items like drawer locks and stair gates to child proof the home before she moves in. Once toddlers get going -- there's no stopping them!

Did you move to a more kid-friendly pad right after you had kids?

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Replies (21-24):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Quoting inmybizz:

you touched on a good point-this home is the same home she shared with Jesse and his daughter(6yro), perhaps she moving for a fresh start and it has nothing to do with it not being kid friendly. IDK.

Quoting psych_mom:

I would think with her money and the size of the house it would be very easy to turn a room into a play room and to add a fence around the pool. Plus I'm sure she can afford a nanny when she wants to entertain. The things that would impact an everyday person without money probably would be the same to someone that is loaded and can easily change the situation that they are in. And if I remember correctly this is the house she got when she and Jesse James split, so she had already completed the adoption process.

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

I imagine it's not the same though. Having a 2 year old would limit the amount and duration of big events in the home. Not saying you couldn't do it but it would be very different if you're used to doing things like that regularly. I'm just saying I understand why they say things like that. I'm less worried about a great entertaining house and more worried about having a kid friendly space. I didn't entertain a lot pre-kids though so for me it's a fairly moot point.

Quoting psych_mom:

My social life has changed but we do still entertain people often and enjoy life.

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

My social life is very different since having children. I'd be surprised to hear someone say otherwise.

Quoting psych_mom:

Honestly, why doesn't entertaining and kids go hand in hand? Can one not be a mom and still have a social life?

I thought she was in escrow when Jesse James cheated on her because didn't he buy a home down the street from her at the same time she was buying that one.

ETA:  She was still living in LA when his affairs became public.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting inmybizz:

you touched on a good point-this home is the same home she shared with Jesse and his daughter(6yro), perhaps she moving for a fresh start and it has nothing to do with it not being kid friendly. IDK.

Quoting psych_mom:

I would think with her money and the size of the house it would be very easy to turn a room into a play room and to add a fence around the pool. Plus I'm sure she can afford a nanny when she wants to entertain. The things that would impact an everyday person without money probably would be the same to someone that is loaded and can easily change the situation that they are in. And if I remember correctly this is the house she got when she and Jesse James split, so she had already completed the adoption process.

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

I imagine it's not the same though. Having a 2 year old would limit the amount and duration of big events in the home. Not saying you couldn't do it but it would be very different if you're used to doing things like that regularly. I'm just saying I understand why they say things like that. I'm less worried about a great entertaining house and more worried about having a kid friendly space. I didn't entertain a lot pre-kids though so for me it's a fairly moot point.

Quoting psych_mom:

My social life has changed but we do still entertain people often and enjoy life.

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

My social life is very different since having children. I'd be surprised to hear someone say otherwise.

Quoting psych_mom:

Honestly, why doesn't entertaining and kids go hand in hand? Can one not be a mom and still have a social life?

I thought she was in escrow when Jesse James cheated on her because didn't he buy a home down the street from her at the same time she was buying that one.

She has had a home in this community for more than 10yr..The first home she had built she ended up in a lawsuit with the builder(the house wasn't built properly she sued him). That house was demolished then she built this current home (Pre- Jesse) when she and Jesse were in Austin they lived in this home. After the divorce she kept this home(her home) and Jesse bought a home nearby. 

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Quoting psych_mom:

She has had a home in this community for more than 10yr..The first home she had built she ended up in a lawsuit with the builder(the house wasn't built properly she sued him). That house was demolished then she built this current home (Pre- Jesse) when she and Jesse were in Austin they lived in this home. After the divorce she kept this home(her home) and Jesse bought a home nearby. 

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I knew you'd know. :)

mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I couldn't afford to move but mine was no party pad. We did however go through a total childproof regimen before they were born and did more updates as they grew. (we have twin sons)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN