Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Camping!!--- Updated... link to new post w/pics.

Posted by   + Show Post

We leave tomorrow for a weekend of CAMPING :) WOO HOO!!! 

Today I have to make sure everything is all set to go and organized!!!

Here is the post I put up with pics.. we had a GREAT TIME!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/111697/forums/read/16782990/Had_a_great_time_pic_heavy?last#last

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Replies (21-26):
hugss
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Have a wonderful time & take lots of pics :)

dingysfamily
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I live not far from Skyline Drive myself, actually between Warrenton & Culpepper.  We love the Skyline Drive, such a beautiful drive.  There is lots of nice places to camp all over the drive & the Shennandoah River.  Sorry to hear your dh doesn't like you to wear shorts though, that does make it hard in the high heat, especially along the river.  What about capris, does he have a problem with those? That at least would be a compromise and a lot better than full on jeans. 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Yep. I live right around Skyline drive and the river. Its pretty nice.

Quoting rocamom:

You in Virginia??  My parents were JUST THERE.. It was so beautiful (or so they say)!!! 

Shenandoah National Park is where they went.. AMAZING!!! 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

We live in an apartment so no back yard. But we do live on the Shenandoah river and a lot of the camping around here are the koa camp sites.

Quoting rocamom:

If you have a back yard you could always just tent there HAHA.. Going to a camp ground is a LOT of fun..  I recommend a KOA (Kampers Of America).. They are nice, clean, and neat, with LOTS of fun stuff at the campground..

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I have never been...my idea of "roughing it " is staying in a dingy motel for the night...lol but to make our oldest dd happy I am willing to give it a try. She wants to go camping soooo bad. We will be putting a tent up.

Quoting rocamom:

Have you EVER been?  will you tent, RV, or cabin??  We tent and we LOVE IT!!  We started going about 6 years ago..  My parents tought me to tent for the first time 6 years ago.. They LOVE it and have been ALL over the US

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Sounds like fun. We are going to start planning our first camping trip here soon. Should be interesting ...lol

dingysfamily
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM

We love to camp, but we don't do tents.  After doing that in a really nasty rain storm, with all the trimmings of thunder boomers & lightening & enough rain to leave campers stuck in the middle of the road because they couldn't park ... well, we decided we weren't doing that anymore.  It was just way to uncomfortable.  We bought our first pop-up camper, used, in 1983 and then bought a new one about 2000 or so.  That first one was a large one pop-up too, and with 4 teenagers we had plenty of room; then when we had another baby we still had room.  It had 2 tables which was something we'd never seen before, but made for lots of extra space.  When we got the new one, we didn't need that much room b/c the older kids were gone.  Our dream now is to trade the pop-up in for an RV (a small one) that you drive, when dh retires. May not happen, but we're still hoping!

3cutiebugs
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Have fun!
We are going to the oregon coast in august, but no camping plans until then. We put the pirate camping trips on hold for this year :( too much drama to get a sitter for 2 toddlers. The last big trip we did was 3 years ago, while I was pregnant with my middle dd. We took our oldest down the coast and camped at koa's and went to the aquarium and petting zoo :) we knew we wouldn't have a chance at a big trip again for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Have tons of fun! I wish I could go too! lol

rocamom
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)