Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Thankful...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I need a feel good post after the fantastically crappy day I had yesterday... Post what you are thankful for!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3cutiebugs
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Today I am thankful for my amazing hubby, who, on fathers day, woke up at 4am and cleaned the house, then had breakfast ready when the girls and I woke up :) I am thankful that he can read me and knew I was exhausted yesterday :) I an thankful to have my oldest back living with us after 2 months, even if she can be a pain in the booty most of the time, lol. I am thankful my kids are happy and healthy and too smart for their own good. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I am thankful for my husband working hard to provide for our family, for the hugs and kisses that I get from my kids, for living in a country where I am still free to believe in God and Jesus Christ even if others don't and every prayer that has been answered, for my home, my car, food in fridge and cabinets, the little extra that I made baby sitting this week, fresh air, cool temps, my kitty cat that loves me, for all that I have.

NiCo86
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously?

I am thankful that everybody in my home has the same last name!!!! (may seem trivial to some, but that means SO MUCH to me!)

3cutiebugs
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't seem trivial to me! My oldest is still legally under her bio dads last name, we have been having a heck of a time getting her adopted by dh. But she uses our last name for non legal things, and tells everyone she is a fisher.

Quoting NiCo86:

Seriously?

I am thankful that everybody in my home has the same last name!!!! (may seem trivial to some, but that means SO MUCH to me!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It's something that I pride in that many people are like "what??!!" about ... it means so much to me. My mother was an F (let's say) and never married. She gave me her last name of F because she doesn't know who my father is (though she was 16 whens he got pregnant O.O ... I believe I know who he is now, his last name being M ...) but my little sister is a V.

when I married my husband, C, i took his name. In turn, the child that we had received our last name of C. But a month after his birth we got full custody of my husbands son (then 7) from a previous relationship. And I am SO THANKFUL that his BM didn't pull the whole "i'm giving him my last name to stick it to you one more time!" BS and gave him his daddy's last name :)

We are all three PROUD to be "The Coffey Clan!" <3

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

It doesn't seem trivial to me! My oldest is still legally under her bio dads last name, we have been having a heck of a time getting her adopted by dh. But she uses our last name for non legal things, and tells everyone she is a fisher.

Quoting NiCo86:

Seriously?

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm thankful for my hubby and our girls. i'm thankful for health in my family. i'm thankful that in 4 days we will be spending time w/ MIL and family that we haven't seein in over two years. i'm thankful for the few good friends i have & for all of you that i get to interect w/ on a daily basis! =) I'm just thankful for all of life's blessings-big or small- =)

psych_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM
3 moms liked this

I can understand this... I wish that my kids and I shared the same last name but is wasn't worth what I had to go through with their dad to stay there and my husband now is awesome. They love him so much and they are very thankful for him. I wish they could have both of their dads' last names.

Quoting NiCo86:

Seriously?

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm thankful for my husband an for having an amazing weekend camping with my family.. It was SO great!!

snuggiewoogie
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I 'm thankful I'm alive and well! I'm thankful for my family and friends... Everything is good even though sometimes it does not seem that way!

friend8622
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I'm thankful that this morning this HUGE rock that flew at the windshield this morning did not come through the windshield.  We were very amazed it did not, it would have killed or hurt someone very badly.  This rock was the size of an egg and we were on the interstate. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)